We've had our first trip in it, two weeks in Cornwall and all went reasonably well but the trip has confirmed the need for the future work we have planned:

A poptop, the van definitely doesn't work for us at our age without one, being bent over all the time takes it's toll on the enjoyment. We stopped off at Bodans in Shrewsbury on the way down and spoke to them about retro fitting an SCA194 to our conversion and it seems they are more than willing to fit it without stripping everything out or without causing any damage, so we have booked the van in with them and are booked in for February 24th unless the roof comes in earlier in which case they will try and get us in then.

The double front passenger seat also doesn't work for us, in fact it was a royal pain in the bottom, again this was on our list of things to do and we had already bought a single base and a set of new Simora covers, so just looking out for a suitable passenger seat now to convert and get it fitted along with a swivel.

Our existing awning (Khyam Motordome Tourer) which served us so well on our old bay turned out to be too low in the tunnel to the van and wouldn't peg down properly. During our first night in Cornwall we had rain and a strong wind overnight which cause an old rip that had been patched to open up again just in the top corner of the tunnel. Thankfully this didn't leak but it did mean that a new awning was in order. So after a bit of research and looking at other awnings on the campsite we decided on the Vango Galli, whilst being quite a size it does give us room to keep all the rubbish my wife insists on bringing with us when we are using the awning just in the one location.

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

On the way home we stopped off in Llanrwst to pick up the new Devonports we had bought from @PukkaT6

IMG_2957.JPG

Can I ask what was it is about the double seat that doesn't work for you, i'm asking as our T6 is on order with the converters and we are changing a single to a double, we have a double in our T4 at the minute, wife likes it but i'm unsure for the T6 and fancy keeping the single.

Can I ask what was it is about the double seat that doesn't work for you, i'm asking as our T6 is on order with the converters and we are changing a single to a double, we have a double in our T4 at the minute, wife likes it but i'm unsure for the T6 and fancy keeping the single.
Main thing for us is easy access from front to rear with a single seat. As well as us moving between our dogs sleep in the front foot wells at night.

@Davenjo yes get what you mean, am in two minds at minute, i might try and convince the wife, nice camper you have there! ours is on order from Hillside too:thumbsup:

Thought you had a satellite dish on the roof for a moment there.
:-o
Yes, it's actually a football, I like to keep one around for a knockabout!

Yes, as @Davenjo says, being able to move from front to back without trying to wedge yourself between the double and drivers and stretching over to do whatever. Two singles every time for a camper unless you really need the double then I suppose the Kiravans swivel is a must

Those wheels look good @Colinlp and also very clean ha
Spotless :thumbsup: unlike the old ones I've just washed, holy cow there must have been at least one set of brake pads washed off them :rofl:

Thanks @Colinlp , seems to be the way to go then with the two singles up front, l'll keep trying to convince the wife.

@Davenjo we have a birchover swb in Bright orange on order, should be ready for the end of October if all on time.

@Davenjo we have a birchover swb in Bright orange on order, should be ready for the end of October if all on time.
Ours is also a Birchover but we went for a more conservative colour lol.

With the Eberspacher heater it's very easy to use it year round - we have used ours loads and hope to keep doing so for years to come.

Keep us upto date with progress and if you have any specific questions on how the van/layout works in practice just shout.

Thanks @Colinlp , seems to be the way to go then with the two singles up front, l'll keep trying to convince the wife.

We went for the singles, which at the time was less about easy access, which we find we use all the time now, but more about comfort.
If you dont really need the additional seating capacity go for a single, its much much more comfy for the passenger, especially with armrests fitted

Thanks @Oldrat , I agree comfort has got to be better with the single, I'm sure that's where we will end up.
It's always good to hear other people's opinions on how they use their campers.

Thanks @Oldrat , I agree comfort has got to be better with the single, I'm sure that's where we will end up.
It's always good to hear other people's opinions on how they use their campers.
One thing to be aware of is that whilst the drivers seat in your Birchover will swivel round, with the fridge there, it doesn't get into a very useable position so, if you anticipate needing to seat two people either side of your table, then the double seat may be better for you. (Not an issue for us, hence having the single for the comfort and accessibility.)

One thing to be aware of is that whilst the drivers seat in your Birchover will swivel round, with the fridge there, it doesn't get into a very useable position so, if you anticipate needing to seat two people either side of your table, then the double seat may be better for you. (Not an issue for us, hence having the single for the comfort and accessibility.)

Thats a fair point.
My driver seat swings around and bumps into the furniture, so only really swivels 3/4 around, roughly facing the rear nearside corner of the van.
Its still useable as a sit back and chill chair,or often as a leg rest when im lazily sat in the swung passenger seat with my back against the passenger door and reading.

Eating at the table would def be awkward though.

You really need to try them out for yourselves.

We're out and about again giving the new Galli awning an airing. We're in deepest Shropshire and the weather so far is lovely, had a couple of ciders to recover from erecting the Galli, nowhere near as quick and easy as the
khyam

IMG_2988.JPG

Finally got some time today to recover the single passenger seat to replace the bench seat. Infinitely better for us as a camper now

Back