Someone has been busy looks a lovely job , be a shame to sell the bay
@Colinlp I agree it would be a shame to sell the bay. It would break my heart because of all the wonderful memories it must hold :cry:. However, I fully understand why you need to let go, but I am guessing that you will be a bit particular about who you sell to.

@Colinlp I agree it would be a shame to sell the bay. It would break my heart because of all the wonderful memories it must hold :cry:. However, I fully understand why you need to let go, but I am guessing that you will be a bit particular about who you sell to.
We have some great memories, it has taken us far and wide in France in heatwaves with no problems at all, it always gets lots of attention too. We have had a few free bottles of wine on our travels too because people like it so much, bizarre! I've been desperate to take it on the NC500 but we just can't get time away.

I haven't been overrun with offers, I did turn one guy down because he sounded a horses right rear end, I won't sell it too local either as I don't want to see it driving around, it would break my heart

Excellent looking van and I am glad to see someone else is rocking the 16inch wheels. :thumbsup:

Yes I like them, I like the fuller tyre as it helps protect the wheel from kerbings which I'm a bugger for when parking. I am tempted by 18" wheels though but would only do that if I lowered the van 30mm and then only if the 16s didn't look right

Finished off the first stage of the conversion today, feeling quite pleased with myself at how it turned out, just need to be able to get away now. Next stage is the get the vehicle type changed with the DVLA, I'll get the letter etc sorted this week and get it sent off

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

One last job to do is fit a temporary JK awning rail in the gutter, that will di until we can afford to start stage 2 and get the roof sorted

Aha.. I know a bloke with a big mechanical press.. Can do big sheet stuff, very old school, but good. Vacuum looks to do a good job. As I and a few others have said, might be worth looking into doing this for a side line to help you out if possible?

I can do an 8 x 4 sheet with my press, the beauty of the vacuum press is in it's ability to veneer or even press laminates to complex shapes

Well if anyone wants a custom interior built let me know, always willing to help.

I can do an 8 x 4 sheet with my press, the beauty of the vacuum press is in it's ability to veneer or even press laminates to complex shapes

Well if anyone wants a custom interior built let me know, always willing to help.

Good to know.. I can see the advantage of the vacuum.. Doesn't take up the amount of room that the old stuff does either :thumbsup:

Got all my paperwork/pictures/evidence together for the DVLA to reclassify the van as a Motor Caravan so will be in the post Monday morning. Fingers crossed but everything seems to be in order so should be OK

@Colinlp - Thanks again for the link. I ordered samples and they came next day like you said. We have decided on "River" for the colour. Is your one "blue"?
Yes I think so, we got the carpet samples and formica samples along with a few different timbers and sat in the van looking at them all against the Simora cloth on the seats. I'm say "we" but it was my missus who chose the colours, it was very exiting as I remember but I don't get out much!

The bay has finally sold today so we can now afford a poptop :) Has decided a Hilo was for us but now we're having second thoughts that maybe the SCA would be better, any thoughts, pros and cons of either?

Back