We had the catalytic converter light on last week so called VW Llandudno and booked it in. We've had a very intermittent engine management light flash at us too but always went after an engine restart so that was to be looked at too. They said there were a couple of recall jobs to be done too, a software update and an oil feed pipe so they were to be done too. Ended up with it needing a DPF sensor and the flashing engine management light was an issue with the software.

While I was there I asked for a price on 30mm lowering springs fitting and was quoted £465 inc VAT, seemed very reasonable so I decided to go for it and we're booked in for the 10th November

I have been reading you posts about your t6 conversion with great interest, I want to go down the same route but with a part conversion, but have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me out with firstly when you removed the original ply lining was the floor screwed down through the metal floor and if so what did you use to fill said holes as mine has been screwed down leaving holes in the floor ! also did you fit the rear spoiler and if so what glue was used, was it primed and did you dill it. As I have just ordered a genuine VW one from Banwy and want to fit it correctly. Thanks in advance for your help regards KB.

I have been reading you posts about your t6 conversion with great interest, I want to go down the same route but with a part conversion, but have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me out with firstly when you removed the original ply lining was the floor screwed down through the metal floor and if so what did you use to fill said holes as mine has been screwed down leaving holes in the floor ! also did you fit the rear spoiler and if so what glue was used, was it primed and did you dill it. As I have just ordered a genuine VW one from Banwy and want to fit it correctly. Thanks in advance for your help regards KB.
When the floor was removed I painted the screw holes with a zinc rich primer then filled, primed and sprayed the holes so there was no sign that they had been there. I did this on the walls too, the holes left on the sliding door and rear doors would be seen otherwise, even with reflex silver I can't see the fixes.

The spoiler I bought from Banwy too, ready sprayed as for some reason the do them in silver. I was sticking down an awning rail at the same time so I used the same glue to stick down the spoiler, it was Sikaflex 252 adhesive and I also used 205 activator and 206 primer. Don't Banwy do a small adhesive kit for the spoiler? I didn't drill my bodywork at all, I just stuck it down, I drew around the spoiler on the bodywork with a felt pen then painted the activator and primer inside the pen marks and spoiler before applying the Sikaflex and pushing it in place. I held it in place with masking tape but there was no sign of movement without it. I also did a test piece at the same time to see when the glue was set enough for me to drive the van, as I remember it was a couple of hours but more importantly the next day I tried to split the test piece and I couldn't, Pleased with that

Edit, the adhesive kit from Banwy VW Adhesive Kit

Last edited:
Many thanks for your reply very helpful, have ordered VW adhesive kit from Banwy so now just got to wait for the goodies to arrive ! Just one more question having not got the spoiler yet I assume that part of the spoiler is meant to locate into the hole that is drilled into top of the door if that is the case did you just cut off the locating peg before sticking it on ? Again thanks for the reply as a newbie I will be asking all sorts of questions but only so I don't make stupid mistakes and learn from the people who have been there and done it. KB

Many thanks for your reply very helpful, have ordered VW adhesive kit from Banwy so now just got to wait for the goodies to arrive ! Just one more question having not got the spoiler yet I assume that part of the spoiler is meant to locate into the hole that is drilled into top of the door if that is the case did you just cut off the locating peg before sticking it on ? Again thanks for the reply as a newbie I will be asking all sorts of questions but only so I don't make stupid mistakes and learn from the people who have been there and done it. KB
The pegs and screws come in a bag to be put in at fitting time along with a tube of grease to prevent corrosion after drilling. On the barn door there is one locator peg and one screw for each half of the spoiler, for the tailgate I suspect there may be only two locating pegs. To be honest they aren't really needed on the barn door, location is very easy, I couldn't speak for a tailgate but the felt pen marks made it easy to just drop it in the right place once the glue was on. It really is easier done than said, 10 minutes is about all it took

Great post Colin. I've recently bought the same van as you and my project list is pretty much the same and in the same order, so I have something right.

I'm interested in how you did the flooring, especially fitting the Altro and making it look so slick around the edges up to the carpet, what is the trick here?

I noted your cut out the windows, trimmed, all makes perfect sense, but what order did you do the floor and did you make it a one piece fit?

Hope you can reply, many thanks and great work.

Back