Fitted some Dubflecta retros today

IMG_2717.JPG

Also tried the awning using the gutter rail from Just Kampers, what a pile of poo that is, way too short to be able to mount the awning without the sliding door going through the tunnel of the awning and an absolute PITA to get the figure of eights on even with slack. I had planned on fitting a California rail but there seems to be a waiting time beyond our holiday so I had to bight the bullet and buy a Reimo multi rail.

Well, after a few more phone calls I have decided against the Hilo roof in favour of the SCA 194. The Hilo it seems can't be fitted without ripping everything out to gain access to the rear pillars to fit drains and the cost was stupid, so after a call to Bodans in Shrewsbury who said quite confidently that they could fit without ripping everything out I have decided to go and see them on our way past en route to Cornwall. I've done some research into them and they seem to have a good reputation, there is about a 6 month delay supplying the roof but I can wait.

Actually I'm quite pleased with that as I was worried about the limited headroom with the Hilo and the pfaff with the four screws with raising and lowering

Yes, yours is more like a J rail.
We use a sun shade which has a bead on it, so we just slide this straight into the rail - easy.
For a drive-away awning, we'd use a kador strip and figure 8.

Little additions, chrome grill trim, rear door chrome trim, side indicator chrome trim and LED DRL bulbs fitted. Bird crap courtesy of those darn seagulls

IMG_2721.JPG IMG_2720.JPG IMG_2722.JPG

Last edited:
Was the reimo as easy to fit as advertised?
Yes, took two of us, marked the position with a marker then I drilled the first hole at the front to give some reference so it didn't slip when there was adhesive on the rail , cleaned, primed and applied the adhesive Sikkaflex 252 and one by one we drilled and fitted the main screws. There are two types of screws supplied, one was the type with a drill head and the others some sort of non ferrous. I actually piloted each hole with a 2mm bit first before using the first screw to make life easier

Forgive the off piste interjection.. :whistle:
@Polzeylad
You hinted earlier about an electric pop up? Did I mis read that?

More info if its true please

Ok Back on topic now :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, thats me educated, I suppose that almsot anything can be motorised :thumbsup:

Back