Cadac Cookers - which model?

At the moment it’s propane, a hangover from having a caravan been used all year round.however, moving over to campingaz as the cold won’t be a problem.:thumbsup:

We went through a few 2 burner options including the Campingaz 600 ST (which has a similar set up to the Cadac 2 with griddle plates, etc.) but all disappointed-

Yeah, I was interested in getting the 600ST but having read a lot of reviews it doesn't seem to be that good. I was attracted by the fact it had a toasting grill but that's one of the main bits people have said is useless. They all seem a bit cheap and probably all from the same factory. I thought the Cadac had a bit more quality to it so am happy to go down that route, just a case of deciding which set-up.

At the moment it’s propane, a hangover from having a caravan been used all year round.however, moving over to campingaz as the cold won’t be a problem.:thumbsup:

Think I might well go with both seeing as I can. I like the security of a back-up can or two as Davenjo mentioned.

I thought the Cadac had a bit more quality to it so am happy to go down that route, just a case of deciding which set-up

Think I might well go with both seeing as I can. I like the security of a back-up can or two as Davenjo mentioned.
Yep, our Cadacs definitely seem to be better quality than others we’ve owned/looked at so I expect this 2 burner jobbie will be the same.

As for backup supply via quick release couplings (we use the ones from Hamilton Gas Products) - we carry regulators for 907, patio gas (propane we usually use at home), Cadac Power Pack (allows connection of 2 propane cans for correct pressure/flow rate on larger cadacs) and a couple of lengths we can plug into the van’s supply and daisy chain together to move around the van and avoid any wind.

Yep, our Cadacs definitely seem to be better quality than others we’ve owned/looked at so I expect this 2 burner jobbie will be the same.

As for backup supply via quick release couplings (we use the ones from Hamilton Gas Products) - we carry regulators for 907, patio gas (propane we usually use at home), Cadac Power Pack (allows connection of 2 propane cans for correct pressure/flow rate on larger cadacs) and a couple of lengths we can plug into the van’s supply and daisy chain together to move around the van and avoid any wind.

I like the idea of that set-up. I foolishly made the mistake of not opting for the external gas point and I'm regretting that now. Sure, I can tug the bottle out of its locker and junction from there but, you know, it's just not the same.

Hi all,

So currently in my camper I have a gas cooker, which runs off a 907 gas cylinder. I also have a charcoal BBQ for cooking outside, but to be honest, it's a bit of a pain. Don't get me wrong, I like cooking off charcoal but it is a bit of a pain in the backside!

I'm looking at investing in a Cadac, but wanted to get peoples experiences as to which one to get. Obviously it has to be compact and fit to the 907 cylinder. Everyone seems to rave about them, so thought I'd get peoples opinions.
Thanks

Take a look at at my take on it...

And....

Post in thread 'Camping Ideas and Tips' Camping Ideas and Tips

Lol....yeh that was the "Chief Advisor" tea time snack.

I like cider, but that stuff is just a bit too floral for me.

Fyi this is the fridge setup. Twin compressor fridges, one for food, one for beer.

20220602_085322.jpg

After denying the existence of gas as a fuel for any BBQ all my life, I'm now coming to the conclusion that for European travel it might be the only way to go on the basis that you can't use charcoal (AKA real man fuel) on most continental campsites. On that basis and with Cadac seeming to be the go to option, has anybody got experience of the Cadac Safari Chef Compact 30? I like the idea of the 227 g cylinders but do wonder how long one would last whilst cooking up a few chops etc.
This is the one: Safari Chef 30 Compact
There's a video on there as well.

Hi all,

So currently in my camper I have a gas cooker, which runs off a 907 gas cylinder. I also have a charcoal BBQ for cooking outside, but to be honest, it's a bit of a pain. Don't get me wrong, I like cooking off charcoal but it is a bit of a pain in the backside!

I'm looking at investing in a Cadac, but wanted to get peoples experiences as to which one to get. Obviously it has to be compact and fit to the 907 cylinder. Everyone seems to rave about them, so thought I'd get peoples opinions.
Thanks
We bought one and to be honest , we dont rave about it at all! It wouldn`t ignite `out the box`, so had to get a warranty replacement igniter. You cant see the flame ( gas cartridge type) so we were always inadvertintley turning it off when turning gas to low. This is because ( and its so daft) the control knob has no markings to indicate where the valve is set? We`d rather go back to our old £10 portable stoves which have been faultless for 10 years. Sorry Cadac lovers.

Back