Cadac Cookers - which model?

Yes, no probs with that, only with packing it away!!
It only takes a couple of minutes once you work it out - much easier once you have quick release couplings without tube connected to worry about.

I have read on the Forum that many have grills from Cadac.

May I have your views on real life experiences, I don’t have a gas point on the van, and no kitchen....it will be used in the awning/outside? Low or high pressure? Thanks...it does look like the base kits are good and then add the cooking plates as found to be required.

Ps I am more Gordon Bennett than Gordon Ramsay and often reduce my kids to going to their mother’s to eat

I should perhaps said we have stomachs resistant to most things now

Sorry folks...thread in wrong place

The HP/LP decision is only relevant if you go for the small Camp or Safari Chef versions - even then I'd advise going LP.

We have used a Cadac for years, initially tent camping via Callorgas and Camping Gaz bottles and now with the van via onboard Camping Gaz 907 cylinder and/or screw in, EN417, bottles (via the Cadac power pack) - I use quick release couplings that enable me to quickly switch between supplies as required, i.e. onboard 907 supply, power pack, freestanding 907, free-standing Calorgas bottle.

I have just upgraded from a Grillogas (mid size model) to a Carri Chef (largest one) - there are 3 of us and the Grillogas is fine but there are occasions when the larger model would have been better, hence the upgrade.

For info, Hamilton Gas Products are currently doing 20% off all Cadac products till 30 April. Free delivery too! Got a Safari Chef 2 lp for £87. (Go Outdoors are doing them for £85 but pick up only, and the nearest one to me was 400 miles away...)

IMG-20180421-WA0005.jpg

As seen on "where have you been..." thread
This is the small Cadac - great for 2 healthy adults - medium size is still very compact.
Usually comes with enough bits to get going - pan, grill plate, boiler stand, lid
We love the "Al fresco" image so the small gas canisters work well and are v convenient.
The bit that I really like is that its very easy to clean!!

I have an original Cadac Safari Chef LP and the quality of non stick griddle plate is rubbish. I am guessing the Safari Chef 2 is better?

I have an original Cadac Safari Chef LP and the quality of non stick griddle plate is rubbish. I am guessing the Safari Chef 2 is better?
My Grillogas has had years of use and the non- stick has always been excellent and only just started to get scratched. That said, as with my non stick pans at home, I have never used any metal utensils on it.

Cleaning is also a doddle - turn it out when done wipe away the bulk of the grease with some kitchen towel, and then pour a little water on it, leave for a while then wipe out and wash.

Early signs with my Carri Chef 2 are that the surfaces are just as good.

My Grillogas has had years of use and the non- stick has always been excellent and only just started to get scratched. That said, as with my non stick pans at home, I have never used any metal utensils on it.

Cleaning is also a doddle - turn it out when done wipe away the bulk of the grease with some kitchen towel, and then pour a little water on it, leave for a while then wipe out and wash.

Early signs with my Carri Chef 2 are that the surfaces are just as good.

Maybe the more expensive models have a better coating then. I bough another griddle plate for it and it was just the same. I never use metal utensils on it by the way.

Hi @Davenjo sorry for resurrecting, but I am now on the verge of having everything I need to get the Cadac running off the van (just need the van back now!!!!). I was looking into the connectors that you posted up. My intention is to have a long length of gas tubing, split into a couple of pieces, so that I can use the full length if cooking at the front of the vehicle, and a smaller length if cooking at the rear of the vehicle. However the only way I can see of doing this is to have a short tail on either end (one with the QR to the cadac, and with the QR to the Propex BBQ point).
However have you set yours up? or have you not bothered with multiple peices?

Hi @Davenjo sorry for resurrecting, but I am now on the verge of having everything I need to get the Cadac running off the van (just need the van back now!!!!). I was looking into the connectors that you posted up. My intention is to have a long length of gas tubing, split into a couple of pieces, so that I can use the full length if cooking at the front of the vehicle, and a smaller length if cooking at the rear of the vehicle. However the only way I can see of doing this is to have a short tail on either end (one with the QR to the cadac, and with the QR to the Propex BBQ point).
However have you set yours up? or have you not bothered with multiple peices?
Yep, I have multiple pieces and use exactly as you want to. In my case the connection to my van's supply is the same as the female piece of the quick release couplings so I can use the same all the way through. Worse case, if your Propex has a different style of connector, you just make a short tail up to connect to the van and then switch to your "universal" hose couplings.

The cadac quick release also has the standard connector on it.

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks for reply @Davenjo, will purchase a few bits and bobs.
No problem.

A little tip when you are set up, especially with the longer pieces of hose - when packing away/disconnecting, try and keep the open/male end high as you coil the hoses before connecting the ends together to trap as much of the gas as you can and always connect the open end first (the other end is self sealing on disconnect) - it's surprising how long it can take to get gas through 5 metres of hose.

Back