Bolton Abbey Camc

Gavandi

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi out there,

Heading to Bolton Abbey site at the beginning of July
2 questions:
1) any else there the w/e 5/6/7th July
2) wanting to take bikes ...so is it a good place to bike (not MTB)?

Appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Hi out there,

Heading to Bolton Abbey site at the beginning of July
2 questions:
1) any else there the w/e 5/6/7th July
2) wanting to take bikes ...so is it a good place to bike (not MTB)?

Appreciate any advice/suggestions.
I stayed in Embsay a couple of weeks ago, didn't take the bikes unfortunately, but we spent the day parked next to the Strid and had the stove on the go. Lots of road bikers around and they seemed to accumulate around the café.
I spotted the Camping and Motorhome site and it was in a great location 2 minutes from the water, but the Abbey is the other end so about a mile walk but very pretty.
If you decide to use the Car Parks scattered around the Abbey 3 I think, once you've paid for one it entitles you to drive to the others and use them. Also a nice circular 7 mile walk from same location.

Cheers
Any good recommendations for pubs ? - TOH is prepared with some gentle persuasion !.... to cycle
10 -12 miles radius on the promise of a good drink and vitals!!

I only really know the Devonshire arms that's pretty close to save you wobbling back after several sherberts, if you stay off the A59 as its a busy road and head appletrewick way on you should find the odd one.

Hi all..
Thanks for the above advice … can thoroughly recommend the CAMC site at Bolton Abbey.
Great walks from the site - fair walk to Devonshire Arms and very expensive pint.
Head North for Appletreewick - 2 pubs - but The Craven Arms wins the vote. V popular and much cheaper pint!
Neither pub situated for a walk back in the dark so daytime visits only - both 3-4 miles away from site.
Billy Bobs rammed with 1000's of ankle biters so best in a week day if you've done the kids bit!!
Good cycling to Ilkley, Grassington and Skipton but NB - it's reasonably hilly!
Mrs C not always amused!!
:laugh:

Back