Bodans Conversion

Our van is up at Bodans at the moment waiting to be converted as said before staff and advise are both excellent
They have no problem with doing whatever you want proper bespoke conversion other companies were this is what we do and that's it.
we have gone for a Haughmond front end for the units and a Lythwood back end with a 112cm bed and an infill between the bed and units so when the beds down the top 2 sections of bed are 130cm wide and the feet section 112cm
the reason for doing this was didn't like the way the sink/hob stuck out so far on the Lythwood
as far as extra's went we had sockets 240v and 12v fitted on the small panel at the base of the drivers seat and swapped 1 of the 12v for a USB and went for under-slung gas with gas heater and extra lights

Ed Webb i hope you don't mind me asking but why did you only have 1 door on the front panel below the bed

Hi

That combination sounds very interesting. I never thought to ask them about that but come to think of it did see something similar on another conversion website. Can you post some photos when you are completed? Can’t wait to see it.

Tracy

Another thought....
Have a look at ideas but in my van the table is stored behind the drivers seat and when in use clips onto a round metal rail/bar that runs under the counter top and has a single fold out leg on the other side. Possibly explore other options that would enable your table to be used outside aswell unless you have other means.
The metal rail is tricky to replicate outside of the van.

Another thought....
Have a look at ideas but in my van the table is stored behind the drivers seat and when in use clips onto a round metal rail/bar that runs under the counter top and has a single fold out leg on the other side. Possibly explore other options that would enable your table to be used outside aswell unless you have other means.
The metal rail is tricky to replicate outside of the van.
Ha Ha @Ed Webb great minds think alike. I bought one of these that mounts in the sliding door: https://www.ukleisureparts.co.uk/shop/loc8-table-system-puntinella-grey/ Great bit of kit and only took 5 mins to fit.

Hi

Thanks for the interesting posts on the tables.

I have been wondering about that table options and also what is the best use for that inside sliding door space. I saw the Loc8 table at 8 Ball Campers near Hull and was impressed by the use of space. But, as we are a family of 5, I was also wondering if one of those roll top fold away table would be better for use outside and stick to one of the usual table seats in the rail or arm for inside the van (for when you stop on a journey and aren’t eating outside the van).

I have also seen the Kiravans pockets/shelves for the door.

Does anyone have any views on those or, indeed, for what is best for that door? Anything other than pockets and tables? It seems a no brainer to try and ustilise that space for something but then again, as a newbie, not sure I can comment on anything yet! I haven’t even seen our van as up at my husbands work in Stoke and I am down in London.

All the best

Tracy

DB3B9D1F-9191-48BA-856D-70F210C80312.jpeg
Hi

I have been wondering about that table options and also what is the best use for that inside sliding door space. I saw the Loc8 table at 8 Ball Campers near Hull and was impressed by the use of space. But, as we are a family of 5, I was also wondering if one of those roll top fold away table would be better for use outside and stick to one of the usual table seats in the rail or arm for inside the van (for when you stop on a journey and aren’t eating outside the van).

Does anyone have any views on those or, indeed, for what is best for that door? Anything other than pockets and tables? It seems a no brainer to try and ustilise that space for something but then again, as a newbie, not sure I can comment on anything yet! I haven’t even seen our van as up at my husbands work in Stoke and I am down in London.

All the best

Tracy
We have one of the Kiravans door stores and wouldn’t be without it. It is stuffed full of towels etc but you do have to be careful that nothing ‘hard’ projects out from the pockets or you could put a scratch on the external panel as you slide the door open. Our rule is only soft items in the pockets. Works really well for us.

Hi

Tracy

TBH I think its about using the available space for what suits your needs. The door table obviously takes up no space in the van whereas a roll top would have to be stored somewhere but does the door pocket solution fit your storage requirements better? The one point that has become very apparent to us (in the admittedly limited time we have had the van) is its very easy to load the van but requires practice and clever use of space to do practically so you don't end up having to unload everything to get at a chair or dig out a pair of shoes that are caught behind something for example. We have down sized from a caravan and are having to learn how to pack light now!!

@Tjf Tracy rather than one of the roll top tables have a look at one of these for outdoor use:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0047T6...=1006800&hvtargid=pla-420403523660&th=1&psc=1

We've had a couple of the roll tops before but this Coleman 6 in 1 is so much stronger and more stable - had it for 4 years now, initially with tents but now with the van, and if/when it finally breaks, we'll replace with another. Packed away the overall pack size is no more than an equivalent sized roll top would be - the legs fold fully beneath the tops and the tops clip together - the pack size is just the 2 tops sandwiched together.

The table in our van uses the Fiamma mount in the middle of the floor (pole and table top clip behind driver's seat) - we also have the tripod to enable the top to be used outside but we only tend to use this for filling our water tank from containers (perfect height for our filler!).

Thanks! Just seen the new posts. I was really interested to hear about your set up with the inside tables and the fantastic looking outside one.

We are sort of lucky as will have use of van partially converted over the summer (with poptop roof and rib bed) so that might help us decide what will be useful. The Coleman table looks like a definite for us.

Can I ask if you have any recommendations for chairs? Would be great to have something comfortable for once but small!

Thanks! Just seen the new posts. I was really interested to hear about your set up with the inside tables and the fantastic looking outside one.

We are sort of lucky as will have use of van partially converted over the summer (with poptop roof and rib bed) so that might help us decide what will be useful. The Coleman table looks like a definite for us.

Can I ask if you have any recommendations for chairs? Would be great to have something comfortable for once but small!
Comfortable chairs tend to come in large packages. The best we have found for uber comfort and pack size are Suncamp Steel Bucket Chairs and they were unbelievably cheap (£30 for 2) - we permanently store 4 of these plus the Coleman tables, Rainbow Screens, water carrier, hose pipe, ramps, etc. under the rear shelf of our RIB. Sadly, after about 6 years of good use, one of them broke earlier this year - we sourced what we thought was a replacement but what arrived was different - used for first time at Bala last month and broken by the 3rd day.

So, if you can find some of the older Suncamp Steel Bucket chairs with the mesh back - snap them up quick (and tell me where you got them!!). However, don’t bother with the slightly smaller ones with the solid material backs!!

Back