Blown fuses and van won’t run [Resolved]

Bit of a head scratcher this one.....

I initially blew the fuse for the overhead interior lights whilst wiring up a feed for a rear view camera.
Found the 7.5a fuse that had blown replaced it all lights back on,but now several functions of the dash are dead including ignition lights,fan etc
The van turns over and ran briefly but cut out.
I've found 2 fuse boxes, the one under the bonnet and the one under the gear lever,all fuses are fine,are there any more to check?
Did a reset of the bcm also but no difference.

Van is a 16 plate 102 startline.

Had the AA out last night and he just scratched his head as his autodata info was different to my fuse boxes.

Many thanks for any pointers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have my diagrams to hand right now, but there is a mini 5a fuse top right that removes the feed to the immobiliser. If this is blown or in the wrong position you will get this behaviour. If you have been testing fuses, check they are back in the right place, as spare locations only have one terminal and not two as you look in the hole.

Well.......

I pulled the lower dash off to get propper access to the fuse board,I mentioned to the AA chap it was something simple like a fuse being out,low and behold I checked just now and found a fuse holder empty.

Popped a 5amp in it and all is well !!!!!!!

Reactions: Loz
So the AA guy was beat! Computer says No :confused:
I told him when he arrived i thought is was a fuse missing,he spent 5 minutes looking at the fuse box then put his diagnostic on it which showed all sorts of faults,he admitted defeat and asked if I wanted it towed away anywhere to which I replied no as it was on my drive.
A lite digging on this excellent site led me to check the 5amp fuse,so after a very restless nights sleep,I went out first thing this morning and popped one in and voila!

Easy beat... if its not a tow-in, wiggle your arm under the bonnet while asking the owner to" Try that mate!"......."Naa, I`ll have to drag you to the dealers":sneaky:

Back