[T6] 12V Dash Sockets both not working

ginkster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Both of my 12V sockets on the dash (top one and the centre one by gear stick) have stopped working for some reason. I’ve checked the fuses in the central fuse box under the gear lever and these are ok. I changed the 20A one (SF11) for an LED fuse but this does not light and have checked the 15A one (SC40). The sockets are still dead. After lots of searching of various threads and the fuse/wiring diagrams it appears there may be another fuse under the passenger seat called Fuse H31. I do not have a fuse box there (box H) and can only see the 4 connectors that link to the rear looms without removing the seat. Before removing the seat has anyone found a single fuse there that protects both 12V front sockets? I’ve also read about one possibly under the passenger plastic footstep but that was a T6.1.

My van is a 2018, 150bhp, RHD converted panel van (Trendline). It doesn’t have a OEM second battery. It originally had a twin passenger seat but that was changed to a single when converted.

Fuses I’ve checked/changed:

IMG_6465.jpeg

Connectors under passenger seat:

IMG_6464.jpeg

For the lower socket the fuse is SC49.

For the top one fuse is SF11 (supplied by SC4). (However, vans build up to November 2017 the socket was fed by fuse SC40)
Thanks, I’ll check SC4. SF11 and SC49 are both good and no fuse in SC40 (van is post Nov 17). What’s strange is they both stopped working at the same time but nothing seems to be common.

Reactions: mmi
A quick update in case anyone finds this in the future. All fuses were ok but sockets were not working with 3 separate USB sockets, 2 of which I’d grabbed (working) from another car to triple check. In frustration I decided to check with my multimeter to find the sockets were actually receiving power :rolleyes: . What had happened was the first USB socket had failed and the other 2 were not quite making contact correctly (they are both tiny ones that hide away in the socket) so no power. A bit of persuasion made the connection! So, main lesson - get the multimeter out sooner!! Was a useful exercise exploring the fuse/wiring diagrams though and now have a much better understanding of where everything is hidden.

Many thanks for the help mmi. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
Hi, I have a similar problem. The dashboard 12V cigarette lighter socker and the dash-mounted USB sockets do not work. My van is a May'16 Startline. Can you let me know which fuses to check? Thanks, Steve
IMG_0589.jpg

Last edited:
Also the 12v socket wiring diagram

Just to add - on some T6.1 (including mine) there is a solitary 20amp fuse under the passenger seat (if you have the storage one). Don't know about the other options.
I replaced mine with a 15 amp but 10amp should be ok also.

Back