Trying to find out what this fuse does, it's blown twice now

I have the Blue Motion T6 28 (2016) and the automatic stop and start causes me the secondary issue you are having "whilst half way round a roundabout the engine just cut out, acted like I'd pulled the key from the ignition". If I always disable (switch off) the auto-stop start every time I start the engine, the fault never occurs. When it does occur if I forget to switch off the autostart it is very scary. Nearly always happens when on a roundabout or when changing down whilst slowing in a sharp corner. Still trying to find an answer. A complete lack of Volkswagen Van dealers in my area means I am still researching a solution. I remember once reading on the forum that it was a problem for which there is a solution but I do not know what that solution is. I am beginning to think that the system finds it hard to cope with Double D'Clutch gear changes. I know they are not necessary any more but it is very hard to change a driving style that was the norm for such a large part of my life. I approached three local auto electricians asking if the Auto Stop/Start can be disabled but they are all so backed up with work that they are not interested in looking at the issue.
Known issue amongst owners but denied by VW.
Plenty of content on the matter on the Forum, Search with ‘stop start’.
I disable Stop / Start every time I start the engine, I don’t even need to think about it.
There is a cheat device that can be wired in to simulate the switch being activated, details also on Forum.

The cheat device originally sold on eBay by 4gochip.com appears to be no longer available. The web-site no longer exists and the eBay seller mentioned on the forum appears not to be active. As it does not affect all T6's it would be nice to know what causes the issue but throwing hundreds of Pounds at a Volkswagen Garage without any guarantee that they are able to fix the problem does not appear a sensible course of action. I have nothing against Auto Stop & Go if it works but at the moment it appears to be dangerous in use for some vehicles; Thus trying to get in the habit of always switching it off after starting the engine. Hopefully the defeating device will eventually come back onto the market.

Reactions: CAB
A decent coder can fully disable start stop with VCP. Had mine done and took chap about 60 seconds.

Isn’t that an MOT fail?
Quite possibly. If it's an issue I'll have it swapped back and then reinstated for 12 months. Frankly it's a pain in the arse with an auto that is a bit sluggish and negotiating busy roundabouts and junctions.

A decent coder can fully disable start stop with VCP. Had mine done and took chap about 60 seconds.
I read somewhere that the T6.1 has the appropriate 'byte" but the T6 hasn't. Are you sure that it can be programmed on the T6?

I read somewhere that the T6.1 has the appropriate 'byte" but the T6 hasn't. Are you sure that it can be programmed on the T6?
When having cruise control coded I asked my guy if he could disable and less than a minute later it was done and been off for 3 months now no issues. He used VCP to do it.

Back