MPPT install issue blown fuse?

I did think for a moment, how you were telling which cables were the battery and which were PV. Then I thought 'nah'...

Glad you're sorted!

Reactions: MrD
I did think for a moment, how you were telling which cables were the battery and which were PV. Then I thought 'nah'...

Glad you're sorted!
Absolutely, I visually remembered it (clearly not correctly!!) . It bothered me all last night so fresh mind this morning . Looked at the old controller and knew I had been a moron , see image below it’s PV then Battery then Load on the Vic it’s Battery then PV then Load.

I need a stiff drink…..

IMG_2547.jpeg

Doesn’t look like the PV is working. It’s full sun and showing nothing on the App . Not sure if it’s the panel , set up in App or whatever.

Doesn’t look like the PV is working. It’s full sun and showing nothing on the App . Not sure if it’s the panel , set up in App or whatever.
Post a screen shot of the app showing the solar charger.

Check the yellow fuse in the Victron, that might have blown when you connected stuff the wrong way. It's on the left side of the connections.

Have you checked with your multimeter for a voltage across the PV wires (now you've got them the right way round?!) This is bringing back horrible memories of my own panel dying 12 months ago. I was getting 0.01 volts off my bad panel. My new replaced panel has started to de-laminate but that's another tale of panel woe.

Checked the positive and negative for panel on and off just now …… nothing.

Checked the actual panel junction box on top but it’s full of sealant so a no go.

Checked the join on the panel cables to the van cables (poor yellow compression sleeve joins) it seems sound no breaks .

Looks like a dead panel then .

Checked the positive and negative for panel on and off just now …… nothing.

Checked the actual panel junction box on top but it’s full of sealant so a no go.

Checked the join on the panel cables to the van cables (poor yellow compression sleeve joins) it seems sound no breaks .

Looks like a dead panel then ffs.
If Photonics Universe come good with their promise of replacing all the delaminating panels that folk have complained about (there's a few of us on here), there will be a glut of brand new PU 180 and 200 watt panels going cheap where unscrupulous owners decide to live with some bubbles on a perfectly functioning panel and don't swap them over. sadly PU are dragging their heels as the dates of replacement keep getting pushed back. (I may, or may NOT be replacing mine with a new replacement)
Talking of unscrupulous, My wife (obviously not me) would be tempted to abuse Amazons returns policy and purchase a panel to test the rest of your solar system to rule out any other problems further upstream. Just make sure it is supplied directly from Amazon and not a 3rd party supplier. (I MAY or may not have done that my/herself).

• Haha
Thinking back a week or so ago whilst foraging in the rear van cupboard I did notice the panel led not flashing during the day in the morning but never really thought about it much as it was the shady part of the day and battery was full and showing normal. Maybe it was actually stuffed prior to my Mr Bean buffoonery?. Thank goodness we didn’t go away this weekend unaware.

I’m pretty confident it’s a dead panel. It’s been on at least 2 years TBF since we bought it new , maybe more whilst the converter was doing they’re stuff prior to purchase.

Will look around at new panels or a company to do it as I have lost the will :(

Thinking back a week or so ago whilst foraging in the rear van cupboard I did notice the panel led not flashing during the day in the morning but never really thought about it much as it was the shady part of the day and battery was full and showing normal. Maybe it was actually stuffed prior to my Mr Bean buffoonery?. Thank goodness we didn’t go away this weekend unaware.

I’m pretty confident it’s a dead panel. It’s been on at least 2 years TBF since we bought it new , maybe more whilst the converter was doing they’re stuff prior to purchase.

Will look around at new panels or a company to do it as I have lost the will :(
If it’s a flexible panel, they are notoriously unreliable. I went through 2 before going with a rigid one, so far so good.

How did you do this and is it “intrusive” ?.

Back