Hmmm. Not sure I would like those...

We have blinds - and they are excellent - but they hardly obscure any window area. They only use about 30mm at the top of the window when up.

View attachment 41351
Ooh those are nice I’ve not seen any like that before, they all seem to be hidden behind a panel where did you get yours from ?

They were an option we speced with our converter - Dirty Weekenders in Worcester. They are very neat and I have ever seen them anywhere else either - other than other DW vans.

It was quality details like this that made us choose them to do our van....:thumbsup:

They were an option we speced with our converter - Dirty Weekenders in Worcester. They are very neat and I have ever seen them anywhere else either - other than other DW vans.

It was quality details like this that made us choose them to do our van....:thumbsup:
Us too, they are Ocean Air, made for the marine (up)market

We had the same dilemma so made our own window blinds and secure them at night with sewn in magnets. Choose your own material / theme and add black out backing. They fold up / store nicely in a homemade bag.
Hi Wills. Bit late on this. Do you have any pics of your curtains? You might have just given me an idea.

Just wondered what you went for on the curtains v blinds v shades etc? I have the blackout VW Internal Thermal Blinds the one with suctions you stick on the windows - but the Mrs fancies some curtains or alternative?

When I converted my van I wanted Vanshades but couldn’t get them to work with my furniture and window configuration. I ended up with Kiravans curtains all round and love them.

Edit - cut and paste of what I wrote in my build thread that explains the issue -

“I was wanting Vanshades but after talking to Pete the owner I realised it wasnt going to happen. 3 things were going against me - The fact I fitted a slider behind the drivers seat, the fact I have an LED light shelf from Evo Motion and the fact that I dont want to lose the partial window at the rear. To get past the slider a special pod needs to be used which put the pod 30mm out from flush at the top which would mean I couldnt fit my LED shelf. The way people get round this is by fitting a panel and losing the partial window at the rear and bonding the pod to the rear of the panel. Since I didnt want to lose that window this wasnt an option. So it was a choice between Vanshades or my LED shelf. Also Pete couldnt do a special pod for the partial window for me either so if I chose the Vanshades route I still would have a pod on that rear partial window and would have to reach through the wardrobe to open and close, so in the end the best option for me was to go with curtains”

Very similar situation to myself that is. I can't see a neat way of fitting the vanshades when you have furniture, windows all round and a slider/opener behind the driver. Shame as I'd kind of promised my self blinds on my next van.

The other thing with blinds is do they have an exposed string/runner going top to bottom on them? I can imagine that being a bit of a problem with a nutty cocker spaniel and a young child...

I've the van-x curtains in my T4 which I fitted 4 years or so ago. They're great, fit well and quite tight, plenty 'black out' enough for me. I'll probably go the same route again now or maybe the veedub/Kiravans ones... They just don't look as good/modern as the blinds.

@j4ckal vanshades now do a splash back system to solve the problem with sliding windows Not sure how it fits in with your furniture but possibly worth looking into if you want a shade system

@j4ckal vanshades now do a splash back system to solve the problem with sliding windows Not sure how it fits in with your furniture but possibly worth looking into if you want a shade system

Yes thanks, I've already been in contact with Pete @ vanshades whom was extremely helpful.
The pod which brings the shade away from the window to clear the sliding mechanism won't work with led light shelves/higher base units as they clash.
The splashback one would have to be a double one ie. both windows as I'm going for low line units to keep the rear side window clear, it won't look right with just half of it covered by the splashback....

Yes thanks, I've already been in contact with Pete @ vanshades whom was extremely helpful.
The pod which brings the shade away from the window to clear the sliding mechanism won't work with led light shelves/higher base units as they clash.
The splashback one would have to be a double one ie. both windows as I'm going for low line units to keep the rear side window clear, it won't look right with just half of it covered by the splashback....

Ah that’s a shame.

Very similar situation to myself that is. I can't see a neat way of fitting the vanshades when you have furniture, windows all round and a slider/opener behind the driver. Shame as I'd kind of promised my self blinds on my next van.

The other thing with blinds is do they have an exposed string/runner going top to bottom on them? I can imagine that being a bit of a problem with a nutty cocker spaniel and a young child...

I've the van-x curtains in my T4 which I fitted 4 years or so ago. They're great, fit well and quite tight, plenty 'black out' enough for me. I'll probably go the same route again now or maybe the veedub/Kiravans ones... They just don't look as good/modern as the blinds.
Thanks for the reply and comments will have a look at them. Cheers Paul

Update
Our Bala meet sold me the Vanshades window pod solution....thanks guys..
Reading through the past posts, suggests there’s problems with certain installation scenarios though.
Offside front slider, high Evo units, top loading fridge, overhead lockers AND rear offside window... Full house for me.
Well, they don’t hang around @ Vanshades. Seems there’s a solution but will know more when I visit... One possible option below

1AB08445-9F1B-4B7B-B1C5-C80DE6BCB327.png

Reactions: DXX
Just been away for the first time and used my swellshades..

Great product.. get full aperture during the day and blackout during the night..

Bloody expensive mind!

I'll get more pictures up soon.

Yes, they do. There’s a pod to work with a wiper install.

Back