Hi All,

As I have limo tint windows, it was really important I keep as much window area as possible when open, to let in the maximum amount of light. Especially as we're drawing into the darker winter months! So the swellshades > vanshades IMO and for my uses.

I have to say @Finn the T6, that has been the opposite experience for me. David has been prompt with messages and even fitted my shades himself for free (which took ~40mins).

It does seem it is just a one man band, and I think all self employed people can say we can go through tough or busy spells. I know I have. Not trying to detract from you're experience Colin, or excuse the actions of the business owner, but it has been a pleasure to deal with David IMO.

I've added some pictures for reference.

View attachment 30654

View attachment 30655

View attachment 30656

View attachment 30657

View attachment 30658

View attachment 30659

I went Swell Shades. After some time and usage they are hardy (I bash my boards and wetsuits around in the back) and they suit me for what I wanted. Really happy.

I had the same concerns with other products blocking too much light out when open, as this was more of an issue for than than being 100% dark when shut. They are pretty good that though. Not much light leakage into the van.

Hope the pictures help - not the best but an idea!

I went Swell Shades. After some time and usage they are hardy (I bash my boards and wetsuits around in the back) and they suit me for what I wanted. Really happy.

I had the same concerns with other products blocking too much light out when open, as this was more of an issue for than than being 100% dark when shut. They are pretty good that though. Not much light leakage into the van.

Hope the pictures help - not the best but an idea!

Did you post pics?

I like curtains, they're homely, closing the curtains at the end of the day is a thing, as is opening curtains in the morning.
Shades or blinds just dont have the thing! ;)

I own my company manufacturing window blinds and have done for the last 16 years, I'd be interested to hear some ideas on how other owners thinks blinds could work.

I like the van shades, there's no doubting there ability but I don't like the room taken up.

Chris

I own my company manufacturing window blinds and have done for the last 16 years, I'd be interested to hear some ideas on how other owners thinks blinds could work.

I like the van shades, there's no doubting there ability but I don't like the room taken up.

Chris
Check the image of swellshades (above), much more compact

I own my company manufacturing window blinds ...I'd be interested to hear some ideas on how other owners thinks blinds could work.
LCD windows, like the screen on an an automatic welding mask - flick a switch and instant blackout :)

LCD windows, like the screen on an an automatic welding mask - flick a switch and instant blackout :)
That's what I've always thought. I've googled in the past and the technology is now there, but still prohibitively expensive.

I’m just about to fit vanshdes in the tailgate this weekend... chosen because they look good and simple to use. Currently I have curtains in barn doors and keep forgetting to close offside one before setting up for night and it’s not easy to get to it behind furniture...compared to the barn doors there is still better rear view vision

And the gallant curtains for the front. Easy to put up and complete blackout + very small storage.

If you go for curtains, I went for the double thickness Kiravans curtains. A few more pennies but total black out and seems to help with condensation as there are two layers of fabric. Can go grey & Black etc and chose what colour is visible on inside etc.

I’m just about to fit vanshdes in the tailgate this weekend... chosen because they look good and simple to use. Currently I have curtains in barn doors and keep forgetting to close offside one before setting up for night and it’s not easy to get to it behind furniture...compared to the barn doors there is still better rear view vision

How did you get on? did you get them fitted?

Look great! I really think this is the way I am going to go.. How do you find the openings? Does it feel enclosed when you are sat in the van?
The van feels so cosy when they are all down. Fitting is dead easy, comes with self drilling bolts, and drill adapter. You can chose the blind colour etc.... Not the cheapest, but sometimes you pay for quality.

Back