Black Bulli And Side Indicator Trims

Genuinely, what is the significance of having the word BULLI on the van? I’ve never seen it or heard it before.
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles celebrates an extraordinary history. The Transporter – aka Bulli, Kombi, VW bus or microbus – has had the world’s longest production run for a commercial van. On 8 March, 70 years before, the first transporter came off the assembly lines at the Volkswagen plant in Wolfsburg as a Type 2

in German the VW transporter is referred to as BULLI

but I call mine ..Expensive.....( not found that badge yet ) :laugh:

Last edited:
Looks like that’s been painted. They don’t have the black edge normally do they?

I've been looking for a black version of the badge and can’t find one so thinking of painting myself
I agree.. They don't make a black edge version.
Genuine vw part is chrome edged. Or at least that's what I came up with when I was researching before I bought my ones.
I could be wrong though.

I agree.. They don't make a black edge version.
Genuine vw part is chrome edged. Or at least that's what I came up with when I was researching before I bought my ones.
I could be wrong though.

Its possible. They were on the van when I got it. Might take them off and repaint

Sorry to dig up an old Topic.
To those of you with the bulli badge, do they look like they can be dismantled for a more convincing paint job?
Thinking about doing the indicator mirror mod and the bulli badge seems to be the only option for blanking the original indicator hole.

Ironically i was looking at this mod this morning............i've seen the Bulli badges in gloss black but nobody ships to the UK annoyingly.

Schriftzug T6 Schwarz Hochglanz Emblem VW Van-Haltestelle

Yes i did manage to find those ones, i presume they are knock offs as they dont make black ones, and 80quid!

wouldn't mind buying some and spraying myself but wondered if they could be dismantled to do a matt black/ gloss mixed finish

i've got some parts on the way to try the mirror mod :D

They are OEM badges.......availability of the badges is the only reason i've not done this yet

Yes i did manage to find those ones, i presume they are knock offs as they dont make black ones, and 80quid!

wouldn't mind buying some and spraying myself but wondered if they could be dismantled to do a matt black/ gloss mixed finish

i've got some parts on the way to try the mirror mod :D
I´d say the Bulli badge is in one piece. Have it on my van as well as a spare set.

Back