Gloss or Matt black badges?

Newcs

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all…..

I’m looking for peoples opinions as I cannot decide.

I have an indium grey t6 with the standard matt black grille on the front. I have no intention of changing the grille itself but I do want to remove the chrome badge and chrome trill. I will be adding a lower gloss black splitter at some point (for the standard bumper).

So the question is, do I replace the chrome on the front with a matt black badge and grill trims or go for gloss black? Or matt/gloss badge and coloured upper trims? I do quite like the red but wifey doesn’t.

I just cannot decide! All opinions and pics welcome!

I am considering this very thing at the moment out camper will be built in 3 weeks and the front grille are standard Matt but I think the gloss black looks better also with the gloss black vw badge

I am considering this very thing at the moment out camper will be built in 3 weeks and the front grille are standard Matt but I think the gloss black looks better also with the gloss black vw badge
Yes I agree, I feel the gloss black definitely does look better however cost wise I do feel it’s an unnecessary change so definable keeping the standard grille.
Gloss it up guys, the glossier the better!

View attachment 170927
that looks nice Are they gloss grilles and trims or matte grille and gloss trims and badge?

I bought both matte and gloss front and rear and ended up keeping the gloss front and back. Just looked better on my indium grey. Gonna add some subtle orange bits too, just to set it off.

I wrapped the chrome trim on the grill mat black and used the same wrap on the badge insert and then put a gloss black badge:
3018A332-ACF0-43BB-8ECD-A4A606E8B6C4.jpeg

Then on the back I wrapped the insert with grey wrap to match the van and put a gloss black badge

1DD7C3CA-BEEF-402B-9A05-C0276811F1C5.jpeg

I bought both matte and gloss front and rear and ended up keeping the gloss front and back. Just looked better on my indium grey. Gonna add some subtle orange bits too, just to set it off.
Just what I was thinking of. Have you any pics?

I wrapped the chrome trim on the grill mat black and used the same wrap on the badge insert and then put a gloss black badge:
View attachment 171321

Then on the back I wrapped the insert with grey wrap to match the van and put a gloss black badge

View attachment 171322
That looks good. Pleased I’ve seen these now. Same colour van.

View attachment 171321

View attachment 171322
Hi what wrap did you use pls was just a heat applied looks great would like to do a colour wrap on mine
Did you leave the front trim on to do it

Hi what wrap did you use pls was just a heat applied looks great would like to do a colour wrap on mine
Did you leave the front trim on to do it

For the front mat black it’s just a standard mat black 3M roll I bought off eBay years ago. I took the trim off and used a hair dryer to get it on.

Back