Beefing Up Your Vans Security - How I Done It -

Beefed up our security a while ago, had the latest model nearly 8 years, he alerts us if anyone is within 50 ft of the house or bus and trust me, you wouldn't want to enter the house uninvited looking for the keys, costs about a fiver a week to run and can easily be transferred between vehicles, straightforward installation and removal, just open the door, oh yeah I've also got a basic subscription tracker
View attachment 123777

On guard duty !!!!

View attachment 126881
Does this security feature work off-grid, or do you need to keep it hooked-up to power as in the photo? :waving:

This is a great thread.Had an attempted theft of my sportline Sunday night but the oem alarm scared them off but they had another transporter locally.
I did hear the alarm but stupidly ignored it as I thought it was bugs that had set it off as lots had got into the van after being in Norfolk on Sunday.*
I also have another electronic device on the van which I won’t list so I need to get something visual.
Looked at getting a telescopic post in the drive but at the moment that’s way out of my budget.I think the Stoplock and maybe a wheel clamp might be the way to go.
Does anyone else use a wheel clamp,I know someone suggested the bulldog?
I had my car nicked off the drive after a house break in for the keys (later found in pieces, was nicked to order for the engine ), so fitted posts. About £170 off Amazon, couple of bags of post mix and and afternoon with a shovel. Great visual deterrent, but if the b@stards are coming in the house for van/car keys they will just take the post keys too. Guess it puts off the casual walking past, but not the determined or planned.

20210812_100853.jpg

I had my car nicked off the drive after a house break in for the keys (later found in pieces, was nicked to order for the engine ), so fitted posts. About £170 off Amazon, couple of bags of post mix and and afternoon with a shovel. Great visual deterrent, but if the b@stards are coming in the house for van/car keys they will just take the post keys too. Guess it puts off the casual walking past, but not the determined or planned.

View attachment 126909
I’ve just ordered a telescopic post so will be fitting that in a week or so.I’ve also ordered a couple of faraday pouches and a DSG brake blocker.

View attachment 126909

I just know that I would forget they were there and drive off. :slow rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Many insurers will insist on a tracker now and most still don’t recognize Ghost as an acceptable system.

So I went with MetaTrak S5 with deadlock. Best of both worlds, with an insurance approved tracker, as well as remote immobilisation from an app.

Key fob needs to be present with the vehicle key to start it. But if immobilised, even the key and fob present won’t let them start it. Have a stoplock pro too as a visual deterrent just for good measure.

Won’t stop someone lifting/towing it, but that needs a whole lot more effort if they want to steal it. But then I’ll get an alert anyway as it’s moving without being started and it can be tracked/located with the tracker.
I am almost decided on getting the Metatrak S5 fitted and like the additional benefit of the immobilizer. A question I have (and will drop them a call) is how risky or useful is it where phone signal is vague e.g. if using the app to unlock or the immobilizer becomes a problem. I had poor signal up in Hertfordshire a couple of weeks ago where we stayed for example. I want to be able to use the immbolisor and more useful would be to unlock it again! Is there another way around this if signal is poor? Also I am off to France and assume I would need to be on the phone network too. Any info on these would be great... thanks

I am almost decided on getting the Metatrak S5 fitted and like the additional benefit of the immobilizer. A question I have (and will drop them a call) is how risky or useful is it where phone signal is vague e.g. if using the app to unlock or the immobilizer becomes a problem. I had poor signal up in Hertfordshire a couple of weeks ago where we stayed for example. I want to be able to use the immbolisor and more useful would be to unlock it again! Is there another way around this if signal is poor? Also I am off to France and assume I would need to be on the phone network too. Any info on these would be great... thanks
So, simple answer is that you’ll need either a phone signal, or a wifi connection to use the app. I had a similar concern, but havent found it an issue so far.

If you get somewhere and don’t have enough signal to immobilise it via the app, you’ll still have the reassurance that it can’t be started by someone else without the fob also being present.

Alternatively you can install the app on someone else’s phone/iPad etc. I have it on wife’s as well, so that we have the option of accessing it on differing networks, or if she’s not with me.

Just for good measure though, I also have a stoplock pro and an extra hidden measure. So if I can’t immobilise via the app, I have extra fallback measures….and if anyone does manage to start it with all of those, they’ll be doing very well indeed!

So, simple answer is that you’ll need either a phone signal, or a wifi connection to use the app. I had a similar concern, but havent found it an issue so far.

If you get somewhere and don’t have enough signal to immobilise it via the app, you’ll still have the reassurance that it can’t be started by someone else without the fob also being present.

Alternatively you can install the app on someone else’s phone/iPad etc. I have it on wife’s as well, so that we have the option of accessing it on differing networks, or if she’s not with me.

Just for good measure though, I also have a stoplock pro and an extra hidden measure. So if I can’t immobilise via the app, I have extra fallback measures….and if anyone does manage to start it with all of those, they’ll be doing very well indeed!
Got it. It seems to cover off tracker and immobiliser in one. I have a stoplock and alarm too, so I think I'll go for it. Many thanks for the info

Got it. It seems to cover off tracker and immobiliser in one. I have a stoplock and alarm too, so I think I'll go for it. Many thanks for the info
Indeed it does and have been very impressed with it.

Tracker, and immobiliser with twin measures - fob and app. If immobilised via the app, that overides the fob, so even with fob present it still won’t start. If not immobilised via the app, you still need the fob present to start it.

Tracker is very accurate as well in my experience.

I've booked in to have a Scorpion tracker fitted, and considering a stoplock too. Amazon seems to have the pro on offer cheaper than Halfords...looks like the Stoplock Pro is the one for a transporter, not a pro elite...

I've booked in to have a Scorpion tracker fitted, and considering a stoplock too. Amazon seems to have the pro on offer cheaper than Halfords...looks like the Stoplock Pro is the one for a transporter, not a pro elite...
Yep, Pro fits nicely, no need for the extra depth of the Elite.

Yep, Pro fits nicely, no need for the extra depth of the Elite.
Picked my van up yesterday and immediately fitted my Stoplock Pro. Fits perfectly.
It has the added bonus of sounding the horn if you faff about with it once fitted, unless you hold it clear of the centre boss of course.
Considering buying a further visual deterrent. Possibly going for a Bulldog wheel clamp but guess I would need the 4x4 model as my van has mahoosively wide wheels!

Picked my van up yesterday and immediately fitted my Stoplock Pro. Fits perfectly.
It has the added bonus of sounding the horn if you faff about with it once fitted, unless you hold it clear of the centre boss of course.
Considering buying a further visual deterrent. Possibly going for a Bulldog wheel clamp but guess I would need the 4x4 model as my van has mahoosively wide wheels!
I got a Bull Dog clamp,but never use it.Have a look at the Ghost system.

I am having this fitted in few weeks (this is very common in Bosnia, but a long way to have it fitted there). Its expensive but hopefully it will prevent an opportunist. I also have DiscLok and pedal lock.

I am having this fitted in few weeks (this is very common in Bosnia, but a long way to have it fitted there). Its expensive but hopefully it will prevent an opportunist. I also have DiscLok and pedal lock.

Looks damn good and probably better than most options.

Looks good. Its only good if you keep the Bear lock key seperate to your Van key and the same for other devices. Having all keys on the same ring defeat the object. It may slow them down a bit. Still its better than doing nothing though:)

Reactions: EdH
Back