Battery Dead - Camper & on Hols

That looks a bit like the Sargent unit on our camper although it"s a little bit more obvious with Sargent which of the vehicles two batteries you are charging.
Did you have the car radio on for hours or has the van got a Moll starter battery, in which case had your stop/start not worked recently which can indicate a dying starter battery and the Moll will generally die in less than three years.
Literally got to the campsite and keys out and nothing switched on 12v, radio wise etc - hence surprised why battery drained so much - doesn't make sense - unless like others have suggested it is an age issue and all the constant door openings drained it.

Ladt night I left electrics on Car mode in case it does charge - Van started fine this morning not a stutter. Van converted by AJC - Andy is a very helpful guy and I 'm sure if I drop him a query will soon confirm if indeed it charges the battery.

Not a Moll battery so can discount that at least!

Thanks all for the various suggestions - still somewhat perplexed...

Last edited:
@ahappychappie - called in to see AJC in Glossop today and asked them if the PMS is wired to charge the starter battery.
No and never has done on all conversions was the answer.
If you need to ring them, Brandon is the guy to speak to, as Andy (Brandon's dad) now lives abroad in a sunnier climate.

I have a reply from Vamoose who did my original conversion - and who always answer my queries promptly.
"In theory you can charge the vehicle battery by selecting car and turning on the charger if you are on hook up , BUT in order to open the charger relay you need the ignition switched on , this is not ideal on the T6 as the glow plugs can often keep coming on and off . If your vehicle battery is going flat you may need a new starter battery or alternator ."
As per my previous post, I have the same PMS system
Hope this helps
Darryl

Back