B14’s Ordered And Being Fitted Next Tuesday!!

Andrew keen

T6 Pro
Just booked in with Transporter HQ in getting my B14’s installed next week, great news!
Now the dialema starts for the next few days in finding out the best height to be dropped. I am running 18” with a Swiss vans splitter (which is coming off as to low) I have also invested in a Maxton V2 splitter in gloss black.

I have a drive on an incline and currently the Swiss vans splitter catches as I drive off (circa 170mm clearance) the splitter is also 135mm high (once splitter is taken off I will have circa 300mm clearance) I can go any lower than 170mm so I assume a circa 50-60mm drop?

Would be intertested in guys who 18” on B14’s and their thoughts and heights to help decide?
Thanks all (and yes I have trawled through mountains of treads and the like which has confused even more!)

My swb t32 204 dsg wound all the way down on B14's was a bit to harsh for me. I rarely carry much weight so i had it set 5mm higher and love it not touched them since. My van always sits a little lower at the front and i like it that way. Remember it needs to go up on a ramp for the rears to be adjusted. :thumbsup:

Thanks @Jon looks like a great stance
I was thinking maybe 50mm but this looks a lot better!
What is your clearance height of your front splitter?
Thanks

Thanks @Jon looks like a great stance
I was thinking maybe 50mm but this looks a lot better!
What is your clearance height of your front splitter?
Thanks
Parked on the level from floor to under side of splitter is 185mm

Hi All,
so, been out with the measuring stick and spirit level, I think I have sorted the required height but I have seen on the forum, after hours and hours of trawling @Tickz, @Olly hall and @Paul Holmes cracking motors, just love the high these are at and, if possible, get an idea of how low they have gone or the measure from the centre of the wheel to the centre of the arch.

I have also had delivered today my new Maxton V2 splitter which will help with a better front clearance!.
Any advice welcome.
thanks for reading

I’d have mine on it’s ass if I could but I use mine to tow a caravan and it’s kinda on its limit really,

Me to, I just have a driveway on an incline and at present teh swiss vans splitter catches! hence the measure, measure, measure before I get it wrong!
Thanks again and yours looks great!

Hi All,
Well the day has finally come and boy what a massive improvement not only on looks but driving! Finally went for 390mm from ctr of wheel to the wheel arch and I like it
I also removed the swiss vans splitter and installed a Maxton V2 splitter.
Many thanks for your help and advise especially @Jon and @Olly hall
A couple photos of before and after.

898ED031-2F9D-44C4-BEB7-3611A03DAA4D.jpeg

DFCFCEE9-8E48-4A90-9D6B-8A5F5162D5BE.jpeg

Now that looks a million times better! @Andrew keen no disrespect to anyone but them Swiss van splitters are way too big! The one you’ve bought is so much nicer!

thanks @Olly hall, I am really chuffed with how it drives and how it looks. I will take some more photos over the coming days.
the best thing is it actually goes up the drive and does not catch anywhere!!
one very happy T6 owner, thanks again.

Back