Auto Folding Wing Mirrors

Just came across this feed and I can't believe that VW havent thougth of this, more the point i cant believe i have ordered and paid for electric mirrors if it cannot do this. As for the auto fold down on the passenger mirror, 30 year old mercedes had this as an option. Come on VW poor show.

Dont look like there is a cure for this disease yet then! i was hoping there would be by the time mine arrived, its so annoying :mad:

Do you think you could wire it @Pauly ?

If it is not codeable in the door module (was on my 2011 Touareg) then the mod being done must use a relay to override the switch position using a switched ignition feed to operate the relay?

You are right, it's been done but by installing additional wiring/relays
Unfortunately my van doesn't have folding mirrors or I would have done it and documented it

I dont have folding mirrors on mine, but my last car did. However they didnt fold off the keyfob. However i purchaced a kit for 30 quid from a guy on the qashqai owners forum. It was basicly a box that piggybacked a fuse and tee'd into one of the wires. It worked brilliantly. Unfortunatly i didnt remove it when i traded it in. Will see if i can dig up some more info on it as it may help solve the problem

It is strange, that odd things like this are missing from the standard config, when you spec up power folding mirrors.
Something I really miss for the T6 Vel is keyless entry, once you have had it, you miss it, and there are very few vehicles at this price point who would not offer this as an option at least. For a life style/ leisure vehicles the waterproof wrist band that Jaguar have launched for their F-Pace would be a god send for us. Somehow the T's are always a good few years behind prevailing/emerging trends in automotive technologies etc????

My dealer explained it like this, it's a van based on van technology, it's not a luxury car so options are limited.
So basically a bit off a rip off......

Yes, I appreciate that they will only offer options if they think there will be s significant up take. But auto folding mirrors, would nearly need to be designed out of a modern vehicles can-bus architecture?????

Back