Folding mirror retrofit help

Longers

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi,

I have a 66 ref T6. It’s an ex RAC van and came with power folding mirrors with the switch on the drivers door. I’ve just been through the coding for auto folding on lock using Vcds, but it hasn’t worked. I’ve tried it a few times but they don’t fold on locking.

It’s done something as now the windows close and open on the fob on a long press where they didn’t before, but the mirrors don’t fold. I’m guessing that the modules for the mirrors themselves may not support auto folding? Anyone got any ideas? Or have I done something wrong?

Thanks
Harvey

This was the guide I used and it seemed to work fine apart from the mirrors not actually folding…

Ah… looks like mine is 17 as it has the H in the vin… any ideas what hardware changes are needed?

Replace your door modules with MY16 or >=MY18.

Alternatively you could consider a switch to aftermarket solution which means that manual folding and automatic folding is entirely controlled by an additional controller(non OEM).

Err… anyone know part numbers I should look for for the modules that can make it work? Or suppliers, or is it a visit to the dealer? Is there one for each side?

Back