Disable headlights and wing mirrors automatically coming on when unlocking a T6

jopfre

Hello, my headlights always come on when I unlock the vehicle. I find this not good when trying to stealth camp. Is it possible to disable this somehow?

Also I would like to prevent the wing mirrors auto folding in and out when locking and unlocking.

Could anyone help?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your headlamp dial should have a 0 at or around the top / 12’o clock area. Putting it to that setting will probably just leave the DRL’s illuminated.
You can then code the DRL’s to extinguish when the handbrake is on, via Carista or VCDS.
This’ll get you to where you want to be.

Again, coding will sort the mirrors. If you haven’t got access to either, perhaps pop along to a meet or a request assistance in this thread:

Edit: incorrect mirror info scored through

Last edited:
Regarding the headlights you can change this setting using the Carista OBD dongle. I did mine this way as I found it annoying.

The mirrors on a T6 do not fold and unfold on locking. They fold on comfort lock (long press) and don't unfold until you put the ignition on. Sounds like you have aftermarket folding mirrors. There will be a module somewhere, either in the door or under the dash which is controlling the mirrors. If you can locate this you could put a switch inline with the lock/unlock signal which you could use to disable them operating when camping

Thanks for the help everyone, I will see about coding the lights when I am back in the UK.

For the mirrors I will have a look about for a module, I haven't seen one anywhere. @Deaky , if it's in the door does that mean I need to remove the door card?

Back