Austria and LEZ stickers

Our Jeff

Busy collecting LEZ stickers for when we hit Europe, currently France and Germany sorted, but still unclear about Austria. Anyone know for sure if I need a LEZ sticker? They are over 25 euros and don't want to buy one if only needed if I'm a lorry!

I'm using this website as my guide, but Austria is not so clear...

Very stressed about this now :)
That one looks like a scam. Window stickers for France and Germany are one off buys and my understanding is that schemes in Austria apply only to trucks (we drove across Austria last September without a sticker and with no issues).

It looks like you can purchase the Emissions sticker here. The site also has details of where you need a sticker as there are various local restrictions.

It also appears to apply to N1 classification vehicles (which includes Transporter vans and Kombis), so if classified a M1 (Caravelle, Shuttle, Cali) you should be exempt. Put your VIN in the DEKRA site and it will tell you if you need one.

Are these only required for certain parts of certain countries? I took the van to the Nurburgring a few weeks back, went through France, Belgium and Germany and didn't get any of these sticker things.

We're also planning a more extensive euro trip for next year so want to make sure we're fully legal!

Are these only required for certain parts of certain countries? I took the van to the Nurburgring a few weeks back, went through France, Belgium and Germany and didn't get any of these sticker things.

We're also planning a more extensive euro trip for next year so want to make sure we're fully legal!
Required for areas with Low Emissions Zones, lots of info on the site mentioned in post#3

Back