Hi All

Had a quote for App Connect, i'll be trying to convince my company to pay for this but might struggle and have to choke for it myself. Any anecdotal or real evidence of getting it much cheaper elsewhere? You van buy the DVD code box online for about £220. Would one of these work for me if the van was connected to Car-net and able to connect to the VW system for authorisation? Finally, am I likely to have the right USB socket for an Apple device, with the green plastic on a brand new (build week 15 2019) van?

TIA.

Good afternoon hope this email finds you well. In reply to your request for retro fitment of App-Connect the costs are as follows.

Labour: £ 66.50

Parts: £ 188.00

VAT: £ 50.90

Total: £305.40

If you are happy with the costs and would like for us to upgrade this for you please contact one of my colleagues to arrange a convient booking.

Look forward to your correspondence.

Greenhous VW Van Centre 87001

Trinity Road

Bilston

WV14 7EF

Hi All

Had a quote for App Connect, i'll be trying to convince my company to pay for this but might struggle and have to choke for it myself. Any anecdotal or real evidence of getting it much cheaper elsewhere? You van buy the DVD code box online for about £220. Would one of these work for me if the van was connected to Car-net and able to connect to the VW system for authorisation? Finally, am I likely to have the right USB socket for an Apple device, with the green plastic on a brand new (build week 15 2019) van?

TIA.

Good afternoon hope this email finds you well. In reply to your request for retro fitment of App-Connect the costs are as follows.

Labour: £ 66.50

Parts: £ 188.00

VAT: £ 50.90

Total: £305.40

If you are happy with the costs and would like for us to upgrade this for you please contact one of my colleagues to arrange a convient booking.

Look forward to your correspondence.

Greenhous VW Van Centre 87001

Trinity Road

Bilston

WV14 7EF

Hi, I had mine done the other week and they popped my USB out to check it was green (it was) and it works perfectly but out of interest they popped out one on a brand new van in the workshop with CarPlay and it was black! I understand from the technician who did my instal that only a dealer can do it as they alone have the computer link to Germany but........?
That quote seems to be top end, I rang a couple of dealers and they were quoting 220 inc vat installed and working as part of a full service at the same time so perhaps they included the labour charge in that.

Anyone know why when I press Voice Activation I get message to contact VW to turn on? Surely this is normally on.

It’s an optional extra when ordering the vehicle, same as app connect etc needs to be turned on at the factory

Not worth the spend IMHO.

Basically worthless.... unless you like spending half an hour trying to enter a addresd by voice.

Siri is voice activation. Does that mean when I’m in CarPlay I can use it to control my phone rather than my VW head unit?

The button is for the VW voice activation if you have it activated - not worth it IMHO

It also control Siri, when plugged in, by a longer press.

Simples :)

Back to this topic one year after.

Still looking for a solution to unlock app connect without financing Volkswagen extortion...

No they dont do any retrofit stuff just the odd thing about adding options

I enquired about this. I was told that it only works with certain head units and has to be ordered from the factory then need an activation key.

I have the composition media with app connect and they can't do it apparently.

Back