It’s not that useful, might as well use Siri with app connect

I have used Mirror Link with my Samsung android phone. And the magic is that you need to install an app called LG MirrorDrive and use it with non LG phone. Also Button Savior is handy to have as it simplifies the use of the phone with a touch screen only.
With all of the above in place you can use and display any app from your mobile on the vehicle infotainment unit.

Hey mucker, failed!! :-( managed to find the apk for LG Mirrordrive, but comes up with "only works on LG phones" or something similar. Got Button Saviour too but that doesnt do anything without LG by the looks. Also when it connects via Mirrorlink it shows like 4 things, think music, location & some others, but no apps. Running apps is empty too. looks like I've failed miserably lol

On a Sammy S10+ running Android 10

What version of LG drive are you running as I have found 4?

Last edited:
Hey mucker, failed!! :-( managed to find the apk for LG Mirrordrive, but comes up with "only works on LG phones" or something similar. Got Button Saviour too but that doesnt do anything without LG by the looks. Also when it connects via Mirrorlink it shows like 4 things, think music, location & some others, but no apps. Running apps is empty too. looks like I've failed miserably lol

Try this and let me know if it won't work for you.

Tried that to the letter but no go, looks like it is the Android 10/Sammy S10+ that is not allowing it, booger

I have no knowledge of Samsung devices but thought most modern Android phones have Mirror link integrated in their build?

Specific Samsung settings here: [UK] Galaxy Note7

It does, its just they have locked them down so you get a couple of apps but no screen mirroring or functionality as the earlier versions unfortunately

has anyone managed with an iPhone to get any video playing apps onto the media screen ?

There is a way but you'd need to ”jailbreak” the device and use a tweak from cydia called ”
’car bridge’

This enables you to use any app of your choosing to work through the screen.. Just for reference It can be buggy at times... But quite a handy app

Tried that to the letter but no go, looks like it is the Android 10/Sammy S10+ that is not allowing it, booger
Where exactly are you getting stuck? Can you take any pictures with another phone/camera?

Reactions: mmi

This is actual advantage and part of the hack, running LG mirror drive app on non LG android phone. The only tricky part is that on some android versions of non LG phones you have to acknowledge this annoying message. And this acknowledgement means that you need to hit okay/confirmation sometimes even 10 times in a row. Like click, click, click ....... (press after press with no stopping until this warning is gone). On some phones you have to do that again after starting each new app. Hope this helps you somehow. ;)

Last edited:
Hi all, newby Jim here.

Do any other Iphone users get an intermittent "beep" or "blip" coming through their media whilst travelling? I've got app connect, but this seems to happen whether connected via the cable or unplugged through bluetooth. It's almost as if something on Iphone is updating in the background; i've turned quite a few automatic updates / refreshes off on the phone which seemed to lessen the frequency but still there.

IT'S DRIVING ME FOOKIN NUTS! :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Hi all, newby Jim here.

Do any other Iphone users get an intermittent "beep" or "blip" coming through their media whilst travelling? I've got app connect, but this seems to happen whether connected via the cable or unplugged through bluetooth. It's almost as if something on Iphone is updating in the background; i've turned quite a few automatic updates / refreshes off on the phone which seemed to lessen the frequency but still there.

IT'S DRIVING ME FOOKIN NUTS! :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Dodgy USB cable?

Reactions: mmi
Could be the VW satnav indicating where the speed cameras are. It make a sound even when the VW satnav is not selected. Try looking in the options and turn off camera location notifications.

Thanks, the sat nav might be worth trying, it’s not a dodgy usb as it does it unplugged as well....off to fiddle with settings...

I understand apple doing it thats just the way they are but android phones are a whole different ball game as to apps etc

Back