T6.1 Headunit restarting & Carplay failing

JonnyPanic

Hi all, I’ve a 21 plate T6.

My media unit has over the past 12 months or so progressively got worse, it switches itself off and on again at random times, and will absolutely not connect to CarPlay, it’ll sit there for 2 minutes trying and then say it can’t connect, unless after an hour or so it decides to connect.

The software has been updated at the dealer, I’ve then spent over 2 months on the phone to VW customer support who tried the ‘nothing we can do’, oh well could swap the media unit, oh no we can’t then there’s a new tpi issued… to update the software again, to the same version(!FFS!). All the while never getting a call back or being able to speak to the same ’case handler’ without some Jedi mind-trickery.

So, aside from the god awful customer service, has anyone else had this happen with their media unit? Was it fixed and if so how?

Thanks.

If you are a 21 plate do you have a T6.1 not a T6?

In which case this thread has other folks with similar issues that might help?

Yep, it’s a 6.1.
That thread talks about crackling and audio problems, not full on restarts and complete failure to connect (unless it feels like it)

Thanks though.

FYI, picked up the van today, after stating that under no circumstances would they replace the media system… they replaced the media system.

H56 is now H57…. Let’s see.

Back