android phones are a whole different ball

Android also have a limited number of apps that are Android Auto ready. These apps correctly interface with Android Auto controls and displays.

The other option you have is MirrorLink. This simply does what it says on the tin - mirrors your phone screen but can be more difficult to use through the headunit.

Hi there
Can anyone point me towards someone who can unlock the Apple car play, App connect function. Head unit says I need dealer ‘key’. I know there’s ways around. I live in West Sussex area (Chichester).
Any help greatly received Cheers

Yeah. Not really wanting to pay dealer pull your pants down prices. I’m annoyed because it’s a new van and having been told it had the discover media head unit I assumed it would had the app connected added.
turns out it wasn’t.

Dodgy software unlocks are usually frowned upon, pretty sure Admin won’t allow discussion on here.

No this ones ok, it’s an eeprom edit to the headunit which is the same as lots of other mods across the VAG range forcing non factory functions etc

There are several threads around the forum about this, you may be required to change your dash usb socket for an app connect compatible one (they are not all the same)
There are few people dotted around the country that will be able to do it for you but it prob won’t be cheap

Yeah. Not really wanting to pay dealer pull your pants down prices. I’m annoyed because it’s a new van and having been told it had the discover media head unit I assumed it would had the app connected added.
turns out it wasn’t.
As it’s a new van what spec is it? I’m getting a highline and was under the impression that Apple play was part of the package.

As it’s a new van what spec is it? I’m getting a highline and was under the impression that Apple play was part of the package.
It’s a high line Kombi with the discovery media head but not sure of exact model no. Think it’s going to be easier just to bite the bullet.

It’s a high line Kombi with the discovery media head but not sure of exact model no. Think it’s going to be easier just to bite the bullet.
Hi... had the same issue but hated the thought of paying yet again, but also as i was upgrading the sound and didn’t want to pay for an amp I then ditched the whole thing and had a Kenwood system put in..its has Everything as standard :)

I cant understand why it doesnt mirror your full phone why only some apps?
Connected my Samsung S9 today for the first time in the T6. On the Android Auto screen on the Discover head unit the only app icons I see are the standard Google ones like maps, music and calendar. No Spotify or WhatsApp icons. They worked in my previous car however it does seem that my phone did an Android update around the same time I swapped from the car to the van. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and nothing. Driving me mad! I suspect it is more likely to be a phone issue than with the head unit but anyone else experienced this and tips on how to solve? I Googled it and it seems others have had similar issues and some hacks to fix but none seem to fix it on my phone.

I cant understand why it doesnt mirror your full phone why only some apps?
Connected my Samsung S9 today for the first time in the T6. On the Android Auto screen on the Discover head unit the only app icons I see are the standard Google ones like maps, music and calendar. No Spotify or WhatsApp icons. They worked in my previous car however it does seem that my phone did an Android update around the same time I swapped from the car to the van. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and nothing. Driving me mad! I suspect it is more likely to be a phone issue than with the head unit but anyone else experienced this and tips on how to solve? I Googled it and it seems others have had similar issues and some hacks to fix but none seem to fix it on my phone.
Did you read this thread?

Reactions: mmi
Back