Any special tools needed to change T32 brakes all round?

IIRC the pads tend to come with new bolts to mount the calipers to the carriers but not the big bolts that attach the carrier to the hub. These "should" be replaced according to VW.
This is certainly the case on the rears. I am assuming that the front is similar.

Got a 9mm Allen key from Toolstation of all places

Reactions: JOG
The pin that requires the 9mm allen key isn't that tight btw. They do have blue thread lock on to.prevent vibration loosening but a knock with palm of hand easily loosens them.

As for 10mm hex, I used a bench grinder to make a 9mm hex, didn't look pretty but worked

Hey @Fluff34567 I think I have all of the tools now, bring it on Saturday AM, looking forward to testing my new bad boy discs and pads.

@Texxaco - serious question: would you consider doing some pics and bit of a write up? (I know it would be a faff!)

@Texxaco - serious question: would you consider doing some pics and bit of a write up? (I know it would be a faff!)
@JOG why not, it will be the first one I have done, love a challenge.

That way it saves me fitting your new calipers for you :thumbsup:;)

People spend a gizzillion quid on wheels, spoilers, seats……and then grind a 10mm tool down to 9mm to work on their brakes!!!!!!!!!
Not worth doing even with a dividing head and a surface grinder.

People spend a gizzillion quid on wheels, spoilers, seats……and then grind a 10mm tool down to 9mm to work on their brakes!!!!!!!!!
Not worth doing even with a dividing head and a surface grinder.
No thanks, bought a second set with a 9mm Allen key in it.

Back