T32 brakes differences between T5.1/T6/T6.1

drooke

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

My T32 T5.1 has failed it's MOT with binding front brakes, annoyingly only 2 years after new Brembo discs and pads all round. I've stripped the front down, cleaned them up and lubricated which resulted in a small improvement but then they started binding again. I've since read about pistons seizing in the calipers which can cause this and mine did have some corrosion on the pistons. So I'm looking to replace the calipers due to time constraints and then I can refurb my calipers later.

Are there any differences between T5.1/T6/T6.1 T32 calipers please?

I'm looking at sourcing second hand and I've found some off a T6 and T6.1. Are these compatible with what I have?

Thanks,

Dan

Go to your local motor factor and get refurbished calipers. They will want the old ones back in part exchange. By far the best and cheapest option. You will never refurbish your old calipers to be functional for any length of time.

If you’re looking for a set of 340mm’s with delivery mileage then try @BognorMotors. I’m sure the brakes are interchangeable but Ollie will confirm.

You’ll need a minimum of 17” wheels for 340mm front discs

Go to your local motor factor and get refurbished calipers. They will want the old ones back in part exchange. By far the best and cheapest option. You will never refurbish your old calipers to be functional for any length of time.
I was looking at Euro Car Parts where they sell Pagid calipers on an exchange basis. £180 each with £30 refunded on exchange. Not sure how these calipers compare to VW OEM.

VW want £312 to buy each caliper.

You’ll need a minimum of 17” wheels for 340mm front discs
Cheers. Mine is a T32 already, I'm not upgrading but replacing. I'm running 18s.

Does anybody know if I could fit T6.1 calipers to my T5.1, both T32?
As far as I’m aware the T5.1 is the same as the T6 but not the same as the 6.1.
To fit the 340mm brakes from a T6.1 to a T6 you also need to replace the caliper brackets.
There is no hard and fast rule that a T32 has 340mm front brakes as standard, it tends to be bi-turbo models that have 340mm. This is well covered on the Forum.

To fit the 340mm brakes from a T6.1 to a T6 you also need to replace the caliper brackets.
There is no hard and fast rule that a T32 has 340mm front brakes as standard, it tends to be bi-turbo models that have 340mm. This is well covered on the Forum.
‘Tis we’ll cover in practical terms so have circumstances changes?

Thank you. Yes mine is a bi-turbo T32 with 340mm brakes up front.

The change of brackets would be to the T6.1 brackets/carriers then?

Back