Any special tools needed to change T32 brakes all round?

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hey All,

I am in the process of swapping my brake discs and pads all round thanks to @Jayjmac.

Do you need any special tools/products to swap them aside from a copperslip grease, brake hose clamp, impact driver etc?

Cheers for any help you can offer. :thumbsup:

Torque meter/wrench would be good to

Dial test indicator (DTI) if you want to check the disc runout.
Hmm i dont have any issues with my current brakes, aside from wanting more stopping power, would i need the DTI?

Hmm i dont have any issues with my current brakes, aside from wanting more stopping power, would i need the DTI?
It’s nothing to do with upgrading the brakes, more a quick check, especially important with used discs which could be warped. If you get some dirt under the mating surface between disc and hub it will also cause axial runout.
You can definitely get away without a DTI on new discs providing you are careful with cleanliness, removing rust and any burrs. Don’t put grease on the mating faces.
If you spin the wheel after bedding the brakes in and get intermittent dragging it indicates that the disc is not running true.

Last edited:
It’s nothing to do with upgrading the brakes, more a quick check, especially important with used discs Which could be warped. If you get some dirt under the mating surface between disc and hub it will also cause axial runout.
You can definitely get away without a DTI on new discs providing you are careful with cleanliness, removing rust and any burrs. Don’t put grease on the mating faces.
If you spin the wheel after bedding the brakes in and get intermittent dragging it indicates that the disc is not running true.
Cheers @DXX I am fitting brand new updated discs and pads. I will be cleaning the hub surfaces with a wire brush and scraper to remove any rust that is left behind from the original discs so I don't think I will have any issues.

Great advice though :thumbsup:

Back