Alternative to carpet or ply lining

DM8

Recently bought a kombi and use it for a motorbike, mountain bikes, kids and dogs. I'd like to sound deaden, insulate and line the rear. But I'm a little concerned the carpet will get dirty, wet, smelly etc. I don't want ply lining as I use the van every day. I've been looking but I haven't yet come across anything that other are using. Any suggestions or links?

Let me know if you find solution. I was thinking of getting mine insulated and carpeted but also worried about the bikes and other wet stuff in the back. Shame hatchbag don’t make one for the T6, would be a great solution to hold all the junk in the back when its wet

Have you looked at Line-X - no experience of it but have seen people using on Landy forums for sound deadening, etc.

Vinyl panels.
CNC acrylic panels sealed to metal work making internals wipeable(sp).

Looking for help and advice with lining. Carpet is no good to me because i permanently have 2 x dogs in the back. Does anyone have any pics or experience with plastic lining or some sort of stretch lining to cover exposed metalwork??

looks great that liner??, i have plastic coated plywood lined in my caddy so was hoping for something similar and permanent? Maybe flexible vinyl type etc. but doesn't seem to be much information around...

Cheers Davenjo, i did see that and i watched the youtube video but not sure i'm so keen on the finish there.. Looks very expensive too. That is getting more like what i need now ADS_Essex, i have a kombi with twin sliders too so are they available without the rear windows cut out? Also can you soundproof/ insulate below panels??

I believe they do sell kombi-van kits with / without window aperatures - TrimTech

and yes, plenty of room for sound-deadening and insulation

that looks ace, and exactly what i'm looking for cheers, very much appreciated... Hopefully the kit fits twin sliding doors... Does kit come with a sliding door / surround panel?

Does kit come with a sliding door / surround panel?

No mate, just a boring old flat panel for the sliding door.

But it does come with a cover for the roof section above the sliding door and also for the lower B-pillar section (to cover the bare metal which the lower seatbelt panel doesn’t cover)

We use a lot of Altro Whiterock at work in Bathrooms, Wetrooms, Hospitals e.t.c. Link below......

Hygienic Plastic Wall Panels | Wall Cladding | Altro

It's a wipe clean, waterproof cladding that can be bonded to plywood with adhesive and thermoformed around corners e.t.c. It can be put on using trims or it can be welded together, comes in loads of colours too :thumbsup:

@Ads_Essex --- how did you buy this, please? i can't find this kit for sale on any website. did you call up just kampers, dubplastics, trim-tech or easiform?!

Haha - there’s so many firms, you don’t know where to start.

So Just Kampers sell a kit, but it’s black and quite featureless. Great if you want that, but we wanted something a bit nearer OEM.

TrimTech is / was the name of the original kit, which was made by Easiform, which they now market as Dub Plastics. But by market, I mean they sell - it’s a sideline for the owner and so it’s not really advertised to Joe Public. They sell their kits to Cotrim and the like, for their in house conversions.

Google Easiform and give Ben or Amanda a phone call. Tell them you heard about them via the T6 Forum and they’ll go through the details their two kits with you - Kombi kit or conversion kit.

Last edited:
Back