I'll take some tonight, if it stops raining!

I've carpeted mine for a bit of a softer finish as well as insulation and sound deadening. It was a very good fit before though and I don't recall it vibrating, that said the van was very loud anyway so I probably wouldn't have heard it!

Did you manage to get any photos posted?

looks good...I've was told they don't fit with a bulkhead so was there much cutting required?
Thanks. The bulkhead is a bit of a hash job tbh. Didn't fit it myself but I think that it's just been squeezed in the gap. Does the job though.

Hi folks,

I've visited the site many times over the last year and just bought a T6 kombi for daily driver with intention to convert to a family camper over the next couple of years.

I am starting my research and see that most conversions use a tonne of carpet. I am not the biggest fan and I'm yet to find a good alternative for lining...

Anyone got a great lining product/idea?

I spotted this for T5 on JK...

Just Kampers VW T5 SWB Black Interior Lining Kit (Tailgate) - J40185

I’m in the same boat. Carpet is great for durability and sound deadening, for sure. But I don’t want it everywhere.

This has come up on this thread.

I have ordered a Dub Plastics kit but have not yet fitted it.. I’ll post when I do.

Threads merged

Last edited:
I’m in the same boat. Carpet is great for durability and sound deadening, for sure. But I don’t want it everywhere.

This has come up before, mainly on this thread and a little on this thread.

I have ordered a Dub Plastics kit but have not yet fitted it.. I’ll post when I do.

Thanks Ads - I would love your opinion and photos. I do believe there is a market for quality (customisable) kit

Hi Ads_Essex.
Any further news re the dubs plastic kit. I am very interested in fitting one to my T6.

Hi Ads_Essex.
Any further news re the dubs plastic kit. I am very interested in fitting one to my T6.

Hello mate. I’m fitting one in my camper conversion. I can send you some snaps if you’d like? Once it’s done I’ll make up a thread, but if you’re interested, I’ll PM you some more info.
And apols @algled i haven’t forgotten you

Thanks mate. Have just found your pics on the other thread and it looks great just what I wanted. But unfortunately had a email from dub plastics and not yet produced a LWB set. Bxxxxr. Is that a Cali bed I see on the pics. I have one for mine and is about to be re-trimmed in leather. Did you use Caravelle rails to mount? Again I would like to use lwb rails but not easy to come by. Your seat choice looks a great choice with the grey panels. Not jealous o_O

Thanks mate. Have just found your pics on the other thread and it looks great just what I wanted. But unfortunately had a email from dub plastics and not yet produced a LWB set. Bxxxxr.
Is that a Cali bed I see on the pics. I have one for mine and is about to be re-trimmed in leather. Did you use Caravelle rails to mount? Again I would like to use lwb rails but not easy to come by. Your seat choice looks a great choice with the grey panels. Not jealous o_O

Thanks mate - I’m hoping the red will offset the dull tones of 1990’s Toyota grey!
It is a Cali bed. I’m not sure on the rails - they came with the bed, all from Kernow Transporters. I’m only using two as I don’t plan on having a third seat.

I’ve trimmed the box-section of the unit but still need to do some work on the seat-base to have it clear the nearside arch - if yours hasn’t had work done yet, I’d suggest doing this base amendment work first, as you’ll need to trim down the foam and also have the leather trimmed to match.
That is unless you’re not that worried about it clearing the nearside arch, or your one of these lucky ones that appear to have a bed that clears the wheel arch with no work needed to the base..

I will find out soon. I understood that the rails are packed up to compensate for the Cali bed being mounted the other side of the van.
I am debating using 4 rails as the LWB may lend itself to having extra seats.

I will find out soon. I understood that the rails are packed up to compensate for the Cali bed being mounted the other side of the van.
I am debating using 4 rails as the LWB may lend itself to having extra seats.
If you’ve got the LWB-room and the budget then I’d say it’s a no-brainer. It would make the van more versatile.

And I haven’t heard anything about the rails being packed up.. they’re tall enough!

£720 including VAT and delivery.
Update here

Back