Alpine SPC-108T6 speakers - Custom fit T6 door speakers & tweeters

Yes, lost the fader. No fault codes in Carista, not checked VCDS.
Wasn’t too worried about the fader as the level is about right, but I just noticed I lost the voice enhancement feature too. I guess because it thinks I have no rear speakers…
No clear-cut solutions but there may be some hints here

Reactions: mmi
How much for a simulator?
Is it plug and play?
£49.99

no it’s not plug and play, but if the loom is sent to us il wire it in for you

Just checked again, no faults, although just using Carista. Haven’t bothered to get VCDS out…
Also had another listen to the system, finished in the dark last night, it is better than I thought.
It’s a shame that unlike the Absolut5 signature system I was going to have installed there is no sub control so you can’t dial it down.
The rear speakers work and luckily the level is about what I’d choose, still a bit annoying to loose the fader.
Pop on over , we can fit the Signature, you will retain the fader and have a nice bass control :thumbsup:

£49.99

Pop on over , we can fit the Signature, you will retain the fader and have a nice bass control :thumbsup:
Think it’ll have to be just the speaker simulator…
I guess it’s the Audison one, if so looks like screw terminals. Guess I can razor blade open the alpine loom and tap in to it behind the dash and and re-loom tape it with two tails coming out.
I’ll call and order tomorrow.
Out of interest, what triggers the amp on?
It only involves removing and tapping in to the beige connector which is just speakers isn’t it?
No flat battery so far…

Think it’ll have to be just the speaker simulator…
I guess it’s the Audison one, if so looks like screw terminals. Guess I can razor blade open the alpine loom and tap in to it behind the dash and and re-loom tape it with two tails coming out.
I’ll call and order tomorrow.
Out of interest, what triggers the amp on?
It only involves removing and tapping in to the beige connector which is just speakers isn’t it?
No flat battery so far…
Yes it’s the uss4.

just goes in line on the audio out side of the speaker wires …

amp us triggered via the audio signal

Yes it’s the uss4.

I was wondering if that was the case. I’m guessing the uss4 doesn’t interfere with that then.
Yes it’s the uss4.

Spoke to alpine. They're aware that you loose the fader, said it was because they had tuned the system to have the rears just as fill in, as you guys suggested to me in the past. Seems strange that it wasn't just tuned so when set to centre you get the sound they wanted.
They had no idea about the voice enhancement feature and so have gone back to Germany to ask the designers what's the deal.
Told me to hold fire on a speaker simulator for now because they weren't sure if it was a coding issue.
They said the system was designed for vehicle builders who would never start with a Caravelle... Strange since it specifically mentions it on the box!
I pointed out that it really should mention the loss of fader and as it turns out loss of voice enhancement....
The blue wire at the headunit end is as I thought a remote trigger for aftermarket headunits, would be handy if that was mentioned in the instructions.
Have you guys fitted one of these yet?

I was wondering if that was the case. I’m guessing the uss4 doesn’t interfere with that then.

Spoke to alpine. They're aware that you loose the fader, said it was because they had tuned the system to have the rears just as fill in, as you guys suggested to me in the past. Seems strange that it wasn't just tuned so when set to centre you get the sound they wanted.
They had no idea about the voice enhancement feature and so have gone back to Germany to ask the designers what's the deal.
Told me to hold fire on a speaker simulator for now because they weren't sure if it was a coding issue.
They said the system was designed for vehicle builders who would never start with a Caravelle... Strange since it specifically mentions it on the box!
I pointed out that it really should mention the loss of fader and as it turns out loss of voice enhancement....
The blue wire at the headunit end is as I thought a remote trigger for aftermarket headunits, would be handy if that was mentioned in the instructions.
Just checked, the voice Enhancement does work! My passenger must be deaf…
So, just the loss of fader

They sound like they do not know their own product ..

We haven’t installed any yet as just received the,, also went to book one in for a install and he decided on our Signature in the end, as wanted the bass control

Yeah.
If I had a time machine I’d wait for you to install your signature system.
He did ask if the system was not of any use to me, I’m not sure if he was hinting at a refund, if so I’d gladly take it and have you guys do the work instead. They should pay for it to be removed!
That would cover a fair bit towards the install…

They sound like they do not know their own product ..

We haven’t installed any yet as just received the,, also went to book one in for a install and he decided on our Signature in the end, as wanted the bass control
Hi I got the ISO cables from you a wile back ( you sent them to me in Australia) you were going to send me a photo of what terminals to plug them into in the plug behind the glove box.
Just wondering if you can send it please.
Still have not got my Van but would like to fit the rear speakers as soon as it arrives.
Thanks.

Hi I got the ISO cables from you a wile back ( you sent them to me in Australia) you were going to send me a photo of what terminals to plug them into in the plug behind the glove box.
Just wondering if you can send it please.
Still have not got my Van but would like to fit the rear speakers as soon as it arrives.
Thanks.
AF1A8C3A-F6AB-4AA4-BF54-0A9D214DA77C.jpeg

So, I consider myself an audiophile. To justify that statement, FYI my home system is PMC and Bryson…(Google it)

After spending a week with this system I’m underwhelmed.
Because alpine have developed the system with their DSP amp, as far as I’m aware there is no way of adjusting it.
The sound is off centre and somewhat confusing. The 8” sub is not too bad, but you can hear it being off centre because of the the way the amp is set up with the crossover in the DSP.
They probably did a lot of work to listen to the sound with a mic in various positions, but that didn’t replace someone with a good ear.
I’m not in any way affiliated with Absolut5 but personally I wish I’d gone with them….

This is my first call to help on the forum, I have a bit of a problem....

So I am fitting these alpine speakers. 3 of the 4 done. But while I was testing the connections, I clipped one of the wires into the 4-way connector without realising I can't get it back out.

I am totally stuck. I just can't get that red cable back out and I can't get the speaker cabled in while it's connected. So my questions are

1. Is there anyway of getting that out?
2. If not, I maybe need to snip the black plastic housing and buy a new one?

Thank you. Am pleased the other 3 speakers went in fine. Feel a Muppet having done this

IMG20211203161046.jpg

So I am fitting these alpine speakers. 3 of the 4 done. But while I was testing the connections, I clipped one of the wires into the 4-way connector without realising I can't get it back out.

I am totally stuck. I just can't get that red cable back out and I can't get the speaker cabled in while it's connected. So my questions are

Thank you. Am pleased the other 3 speakers went in fine. Feel a Muppet having done this

View attachment 138265
A pin or needle in beside the red wire to push back the metal catch that is holding it?

F430FE90-CF23-44DB-AE11-D32BF803CB62.jpeg

In the still free pin, locate the piece of metal that locks the pin in connector. I think its the circled thing. Get a needle or very thin screwdriver and lever that from within connector towards pin body while gently pulling the wire out.

There’s also toolkits like QISF 26Pcs Car Terminals Removal Tools,Auto Wire Connector Terminal Pin Extractors Puller Wiring Crimp Connector Repair Remover Key Tools Set : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive with many different tools for different pins. Makes the job easier but usually some makeshift thin strong needle can be used as well.

So, I consider myself an audiophile. To justify that statement, FYI my home system is PMC and Bryson…(Google it)

After spending a week with this system I’m underwhelmed.
Because alpine have developed the system with their DSP amp, as far as I’m aware there is no way of adjusting it.
The sound is off centre and somewhat confusing. The 8” sub is not too bad, but you can hear it being off centre because of the the way the amp is set up with the crossover in the DSP.
They probably did a lot of work to listen to the sound with a mic in various positions, but that didn’t replace someone with a good ear.
I’m not in any way affiliated with Absolut5 but personally I wish I’d gone with them….
As an update. After adding more silentcoat and some of their foam, also managed to fit the original rubber baffles around the speakers the sound is better. Unfortunately the tweeters are very directional (because they’re so clear compared standard) so you are very aware of the tweeter off to the left. Setting the balance to the right on 2 is about right.
Never got an answer from Alpine on the loss of the fader.

View attachment 138265
I did exactly the same thing so got in touch with Alpine technical support explained the situation and asked if it was possible to order a replacement. They did order one for me but it had to come from Germany so took a while to get here but as I was getting it for free didn’t mind the wait might be worth getting in touch.

Hope this helps

They literally only just become available in the uk so not many would have been installed yet

we have them in stock ..

it’s really not that hard to run the power, but look under the passenger seat to see if there is a thick red.. some have them others do not, if so connect to that … I wouldn’t suggest a piggy back fuse on that current draw personally
Hi finally got round to installing this I have found the thick red wire under the seat but there are two other slightly thinner red wires soldered to it would this make any difference or is it safe to connect to all three wires?

£49.99

And that’s exactly what I’m doing.
Anyone want to buy some SPC-106T6

Back