Alpine SPC-108T6 speakers - Custom fit T6 door speakers & tweeters

Hi finally got round to installing this I have found the thick red wire under the seat but there are two other slightly thinner red wires soldered to it would this make any difference or is it safe to connect to all three wires?
Connect to the thicker one if possible

I have the 8" set to fit to mine. Was debating on the under seat amp and dsp. The only thing is I have the New Halo 11 to go in with it, fitted with the Alpine quad lock to retain the dash display and park assist. . Reading Posts they mention the speakers are better with an amp. The new halo has 4x 50w dclass amp built in. Would this be better overall for these speakers. Also will I lose fader on this setup or is that only the standard head unit.

No you will not lose fader as that’s the factory headunit issue, but easy to overcome.

the halo will improve the sound with the 8” speaker kit but a external amp is always better

If I am doing a straight swap on a T6 using the existing head unit (no amp or sub) would the Alpine 106T6 or 108T6 be best and will they make a big difference over stock?

@Lawzio I've got the 8inch set. They provide plenty of bass over the original set plus don't really need amp and sub if you prefer. Quality of sound is better by far too.

I have a shuttle so it has standard rears. I will be changing those once I start the sound deadening in the rear but don't know what too. Also I have halo 11 to fit.

I have a shuttle so it has standard rears. I will be changing those once I start the sound deadening in the rear but don't know what too. Also I have halo 11 to fit.
Previous owner of mine installed £50 pioneers from Halfords in the rear, they have such a tinny sound.

Yeah that price you ain't gonna expect much. There are some sets out there with the pods to fit the rear. You could speak to @Absolut5 they could point you in the right direction for some replacements. I will be using alpines in the rear aswell.

Having read through this thread and dropped some cash on the 108t6 model i am underwhelmed with the kit. The sound is not full bodied enough, lacks punch and depth and the treble sounds sharp. I've wired these into the existing loom and put silent coat (2m hex) on the inner door skin. I am not sure what the head unit is, it's a VW one that has sat-nav and dab. The van is a 2018 T30 Edition which has been lined and carpeted before i bought it. It sounds like there is some deadening on the bodywork, but i haven't taken the panels off yet. I also have a T5.1 camper which i installed a focal kit on which sounds miles better than the alpine kit.

Am i missing something? Do i need an amp? From reading it looks like it would benefit. Should i go to the effort of removing the middle door skin and get to the outer door skin to deaden? When the vehicle is on standstill i can hear the bass, but once the van is up to speed the sound is harsh and the bass is lost.

Any advice would be welcome - thanks all!

I have the halo 11 installed which has a d class amp built in and the sound is very good with awesome bass from those speakers.

Having read through this thread and dropped some cash on the 108t6 model i am underwhelmed with the kit. The sound is not full bodied enough, lacks punch and depth and the treble sounds sharp. I've wired these into the existing loom and put silent coat (2m hex) on the inner door skin. I am not sure what the head unit is, it's a VW one that has sat-nav and dab. The van is a 2018 T30 Edition which has been lined and carpeted before i bought it. It sounds like there is some deadening on the bodywork, but i haven't taken the panels off yet. I also have a T5.1 camper which i installed a focal kit on which sounds miles better than the alpine kit.

Am i missing something? Do i need an amp? From reading it looks like it would benefit. Should i go to the effort of removing the middle door skin and get to the outer door skin to deaden? When the vehicle is on standstill i can hear the bass, but once the van is up to speed the sound is harsh and the bass is lost.

Any advice would be welcome - thanks all!
Definitely needs more power via a amp, or a DSP/amp setup

we offer plug and play solutions

Definitely needs more power via a amp, or a DSP/amp setup

we offer plug and play solutions
Any chance you can drop a few links here? It certainly feels like the sound coming from the amp in the head unit isn't clean. I think the headunit is the OEM Discover Media Sat Nav system.

Thanks also Magpie for replying; i think i want to keep the head unit OEM if possible.

I've just had the Absolut5 Signature Audio setup installed along with a Halo 11. I'm no connoisseur but I have to say the quality and volume of sound is outstanding and no comparison with the standard head unit. The install consists of:

Hertz Millie pro door speakers, and tweeters for the Pillars
Audison SR5.600 amp running active
Audison bass control
JL Audio 10w1 10" sub in their own design and manufactured under seat enclosure
Sound deadening of the front doors
All cables.

I have a T6.1 so the install is more complicated as you need to retain menu and emergency functions etc (and well above my basic capabilities) so Absolut5 did the install for me too. The quality of the install is excellent and I would highly recommend using them.

Back