Alpine SPC-108T6 speakers - Custom fit T6 door speakers & tweeters

They’re “plug n play” I believe! (Well, a straight swap out using existing connectors!) I’m tempted too but would like to hear reviews too.

@Absolut5 - any views on this kit?

I think my old plug and play Focal kit was about £200 from Skipton, it gave really good results, even better with an amp.

Skipton and Absolu5e both offer even better plug and play kits now, I think the Alpine kit is a bit pricey in comparison?

I think my old plug and play Focal kit was about £200 from Skipton, it gave really good results, even better with an amp.

Skipton and Absolu5e both offer even better plug and play kits now, I think the Alpine kit is a bit pricey in comparison?
ohh... yes.... but isn't it shiny .......:think smile bounce:

Good to know, thank you

They’re “plug n play” I believe! (Well, a straight swap out using existing connectors!) I’m tempted too but would like to hear reviews too.

@Absolut5 - any views on this kit?

Lovely looking and top build quality, but @ £379.00 and the more expensive Eton F2.1 you will see marginal gains in performance especially with the Alpines as they are still 4 ohm and low sensitivity, to get the them working they really need a amp, we always recommend a amp on 8”

we can do a full plug and play focal 8” kit with a focal amp which will give Huge gains in low end response, volume and quality over the above speakers, and not much more money

Lovely looking and top build quality, but @ £379.00 and the more expensive Eton F2.1 you will see marginal gains in performance especially with the Alpines as they are still 4 ohm and low sensitivity, to get the them working they really need a amp, we always recommend a amp on 8”

we can do a full plug and play focal 8” kit with a focal amp which will give Huge gains in low end response, volume and quality over the above speakers, and not much more money
Thank you - food for thought there! Don’t think I will be buying the Alpines then. If I go the amp route, I’d prefer someone who knows more than me to fit it though!

"if you haven't got this installed, or you're not thinking about it, you're an idiot" :slow rofl:

Alpine SPC-T6106 -

I am the guy that posted the original thread on my install, obviously everyone has a different ear and so it’s subjective, but I’ll be at bus fest if anyone wants to have a listen to them in person. But I’ll warn you, when you see the tweeters in the flesh, it’s a bit like seeing Beyoncé (insert attractive male or female of your choice) in the flesh, you’d listen to them sing all night long, regardless of what they sounds like!!

Last edited:
I am the guy that posted the original thread on my install, obviously everyone has a different ear and so it’s subjective, but I’ll be at bus fest if anyone wants to have a listen to them in person. But I’ll warn you, when you see the tweeters in the flesh, it’s a bit like seeing Beyoncé (insert attractive make if female of your choice) in the flesh, you’d listen to her sing all night long, regardless of what she sounds like!!
Such a vivid description! The tweeters look great, I must admit!

@Absolut5, looks like I'll be bringing you my new van for Focal or Rainbow.
Love the Rainbow 8" you fitted 5 years ago in my old one. Possibly a sub and amp this time, although the rainbow were pretty impressive on their own with the added sound deadening.

@Absolut5, looks like I'll be bringing you my new van for Focal or Rainbow.
Love the Rainbow 8" you fitted 5 years ago in my old one. Possibly a sub and amp this time, although the rainbow were pretty impressive on their own with the added sound deadening.
is It a T6 or T6.1?

T6 Caravelle.2019
Rainbow are no longer available, but we do a superb sounding Focal speaker kit with focal amp, all plug and play , or can do the Alpines with the Focal amp

8” speakers always benefit from a amp to get the best out of them

Regards
Jason

Hi all. Feel I should just add to this thread as the one that originally posted the pics. You may have seen I had some issues with my overall install in another thread with regards to not getting enough voltage through the amps, but this is resolved now and so I can give a fair report on them. They sound phenomenal now, clean, crisp, Full bodied, but still able to pick out the detail even at volume. Definitely glad I put them in.

Rainbow are no longer available, but we do a superb sounding Focal speaker kit with focal amp, all plug and play , or can do the Alpines with the Focal amp

8” speakers always benefit from a amp to get the best out of them

Regards
Jason
Does the caravelle have 3 way speakers in the front? Or was that a Dynaudio setup? I asked Alpine about the kit, apparently it is available in limited supply, but they recommended the 6" speaker if I have the sub because it makes a better mid.
could you give me a run down of the focal bits you fit and could it be 3 way possibly with amp and no sub?

Does the caravelle have 3 way speakers in the front? Or was that a Dynaudio setup? I asked Alpine about the kit, apparently it is available in limited supply, but they recommended the 6" speaker if I have the sub because it makes a better mid.
could you give me a run down of the focal bits you fit and could it be 3 way possibly with amp and no sub?
The T6 Caravelles normally come with just 6.5” 2 way, the T5 Caravelles mostly had the 8” 3 way setups

we have 8” alpines available, but yes I agree with Alpine if you run a fully amp setup using a 10” sub then it is best to run 6.5” like in our Signature audio

ideally to do a 3way setup, the door positions for the Dedicated mid range is 2 low , so pillar builds would be best to run tweeter/mid

if pillar builds is not on your list, then just go for a 2 way setup

do you want a sub ?

Saw a reference to these on the 'What have you been doing' thread. They look awesome. Anyone tried them yet ?

Looking to be about £400 for the kit.

There's a smaller 165mm door speak option available too.
Just fitted the T6.1 version to my van plug and play pretty straight forward to fit just have some spare door card clips to hand.

Back