Alpine SPC-108T6 speakers - Custom fit T6 door speakers & tweeters

View attachment 135618

Did you use speaker inputs of the amp? I did that first and found error codes after as the head unit interpreted the speakers disconnected. Probably the amp inputs were high enough impedance to not present sufficient load. I was just wondering if this could have something to do with the fader issue.

Edit: I didn’t install this particular kit but I guess connecting any amp might have similar issues
It comes with a loom that is all pre-wired, except for one blue wire at the head unit end there is no mention of in the instructions, not sure if it’s a trigger wire for a non factory head unit.
The amp has a dial with different settings on it fir different models, I used 9 “T6 RHD”

View attachment 135618

Did you use speaker inputs of the amp? I did that first and found error codes after as the head unit interpreted the speakers disconnected. Probably the amp inputs were high enough impedance to not present sufficient load. I was just wondering if this could have something to do with the fader issue.

Edit: I didn’t install this particular kit but I guess connecting any amp might have similar issues

the amp does not present the correct load , so the issues are shown in diagnostics. And the fader can disappear.. you need to install a speaker simulator between the headunit and amp.. we keep them in stock and always use them

the amp does not present the correct load , so the issues are shown in diagnostics. And the fader can disappear.. you need to install a speaker simulator between the headunit and amp.. we keep them in stock and always use them
I did run diagnostics after and cleared various faults. Didn’t see anything to do with speakers, but I’ll check. I hoped that with the Alpine system being specially for the T6 they would have made the amp also a speaker simulator.

How much for a simulator?
Is it plug and play?

This is an educational thread. One clear confirmation for me is “pop along to see @Absolut5 when it comes to all matters ICE”!!! Between the free advice I’ve observed him giving fellow members and the rave reviews of others, most recently @MrSkip, this is a no-brainer!

Well done @Absolut5 to you and your team! I’m only up the road in Andover and I’ll tell Santa I’ve been a good boy!

This is an educational thread. One clear confirmation for me is “pop along to see @Absolut5 when it comes to all matters ICE”!!! Between the free advice I’ve observed him giving fellow members and the rave reviews of others, most recently @MrSkip, this is a no-brainer!

Well done @Absolut5 to you and your team! I’m only up the road in Andover and I’ll tell Santa I’ve been a good boy!
They do a good job.
They even picked up on the fact VW had broken my Door card and superglued it together!
Showed me before they started any work on the speaker install. I got to go back to the VW dealership and kick up a very loud stink about it until they agreed to replace it, which they then put through as a warranty claim!
Changed dealerships and found they also superglued something when they broke it.
What’s the VW part number for superglue? I’m pretty sure there isn’t one…

They do a good job.
They even picked up on the fact VW had broken my Door card and superglued it together!
Showed me before they started any work on the speaker install. I got to go back to the VW dealership and kick up a very loud stink about it until they agreed to replace it, which they then put through as a warranty claim!
Changed dealerships and found they also superglued something when they broke it.
What’s the VW part number for superglue? I’m pretty sure there isn’t one…
“What’s the VW part number for superglue?”….may I have a new phone please? You just made me splutter my tea on it!! Very good!

I did run diagnostics after and cleared various faults. Didn’t see anything to do with speakers, but I’ll check. I hoped that with the Alpine system being specially for the T6 they would have made the amp also a speaker simulator.
If you don’t see any faults with the speakers the fader issue is probably something else and the amp does the simulator thing correctly - beats me then. However absolut5’s remark that fader can disappear might indicate it’s somehow related

Reactions: mmi
If you don’t see any faults with the speakers the fader issue is probably something else and the amp does the simulator thing correctly - beats me then. However absolut5’s remark that fader can disappear might indicate it’s somehow related
Just checked again, no faults, although just using Carista. Haven’t bothered to get VCDS out…
Also had another listen to the system, finished in the dark last night, it is better than I thought.
It’s a shame that unlike the Absolut5 signature system I was going to have installed there is no sub control so you can’t dial it down.
The rear speakers work and luckily the level is about what I’d choose, still a bit annoying to loose the fader.

Just checked again, no faults, although just using Carista. Haven’t bothered to get VCDS out…
Also had another listen to the system, finished in the dark last night, it is better than I thought.
It’s a shame that unlike the Absolut5 signature system I was going to have installed there is no sub control so you can’t dial it down.
The rear speakers work and luckily the level is about what I’d choose, still a bit annoying to loose the fader.
Mail the Alpine support. Slim chance to get anything out from there but doesn’t cost anything either.

Fitted one today. Not too bad.
Wipers off, plastic cover off to give access to the scuttle, in through the grommet to behind the glove box.
Still need to find a better route for the loom under the carpet (bit of a bulge). Also lost the fader function in the process, not sure if it’s due to amp setting, an oversight by alpine or disconnecting/reconnecting battery.
Sound is pretty good, but kinda wished I’d waited for Absolut5 to fit their signature system.
Sub wouldn’t fit without moving all of the fuses and electrical connectors and had to bend a metal tab over that held some of them. A lot under the seat of a 2019 Caravelle exec.
Was also surprised to find the standard front door speakers were bigger than 16.5cm and had a rubber baffle around them.
Thanks for that did you have to remove the glove box as per the fitting instructions ?

Thanks for that did you have to remove the glove box as per the fitting instructions ?
Yes.
Glove box out, end panel with air bag switch (don’t turn on ignition whilst disconnect or you get an ABS warning light) Head unit and surround including vents.

Yes.
Glove box out, end panel with air bag switch (don’t turn on ignition whilst disconnect or you get an ABS warning light) Head unit and surround including vents.
Thanks again I have seen comments in recent threads regarding fader issues and errors codes when connecting speakers to amp did you have any issues similar to this?

Thanks again I have seen comments in recent threads regarding fader issues and errors codes when connecting speakers to amp did you have any issues similar to this?
Yes, lost the fader. No fault codes in Carista, not checked VCDS.
Wasn’t too worried about the fader as the level is about right, but I just noticed I lost the voice enhancement feature too. I guess because it thinks I have no rear speakers…

Back