Alpine SPC-108T6 speakers - Custom fit T6 door speakers & tweeters

For an install without amp, is there no reason to go for the 8” kit? Or will I gain nothing over the 6”? I think i might try the 8” first and then install the sub and amp kit from alpine.

Because I have a T6.1 I was limited to that particular kit because of the physical speaker size and the sound quality is great but having said that I do intend to fit the amp and under seat sub woofer once Alpine have it in stock.

For an install without amp, is there no reason to go for the 8” kit? Or will I gain nothing over the 6”? I think i might try the 8” first and then install the sub and amp kit from alpine.
If you were doing it all at once then we suggest going for the 6” but the 8” on a small amp will work wonders

the subs are in stock but the alpine amp is not , and no mention of when it is .

we can supply the speakers at a competitive price, and in stock

Has anyone fitted the power amp and sub woofer kit for these speakers just found a copy of the installation manual and it states that you have to connect the live supply directly to the battery positive terminal. Seems a bit of a faff and just wandered if anyone knows of an easier alternative live feed possibly via piggy back fuse arrangement or something inside the van.

Has anyone fitted the power amp and sub woofer kit for these speakers just found a copy of the installation manual and it states that you have to connect the live supply directly to the battery positive terminal. Seems a bit of a faff and just wandered if anyone knows of an easier alternative live feed possibly via piggy back fuse arrangement or something inside the van.
They literally only just become available in the uk so not many would have been installed yet

we have them in stock ..

it’s really not that hard to run the power, but look under the passenger seat to see if there is a thick red.. some have them others do not, if so connect to that … I wouldn’t suggest a piggy back fuse on that current draw personally

Reactions: JOG
They literally only just become available in the uk so not many would have been installed yet

we have them in stock ..

it’s really not that hard to run the power, but look under the passenger seat to see if there is a thick red.. some have them others do not, if so connect to that … I wouldn’t suggest a piggy back fuse on that current draw personally
Within the wiring harness itself?

@Absolut5 I see you're in Wiltshire. What do you suggest for the rear of a t6.1 with 1 ns side door?
All you need for the rear is a set of slim fit 2 way coax 17cm mounted high up in the rear quarters.. they are for rear passengers and a bit of rear fill (ambience) sound quality should be in the front only

yes some have a thick red permanent 12v going nowhere … attach the alpine loom to that

All you need for the rear is a set of slim fit 2 way coax 17cm mounted high up in the rear quarters.. they are for rear passengers and a bit of rear fill (ambience) sound quality should be in the front only

yes some have a thick red permanent 12v going nowhere … attach the alpine loom to that
Thanks for that I’ll have go tomorrow

Fitted one today. Not too bad.
Wipers off, plastic cover off to give access to the scuttle, in through the grommet to behind the glove box.
Still need to find a better route for the loom under the carpet (bit of a bulge). Also lost the fader function in the process, not sure if it’s due to amp setting, an oversight by alpine or disconnecting/reconnecting battery.
Sound is pretty good, but kinda wished I’d waited for Absolut5 to fit their signature system.
Sub wouldn’t fit without moving all of the fuses and electrical connectors and had to bend a metal tab over that held some of them. A lot under the seat of a 2019 Caravelle exec.
Was also surprised to find the standard front door speakers were bigger than 16.5cm and had a rubber baffle around them.

3AE5FBF8-66A8-4FD9-BAA2-8E77D208AA78.png
Also lost the fader function in the process, not sure if it’s due to amp setting, an oversight by alpine or disconnecting/reconnecting battery.

Did you use speaker inputs of the amp? I did that first and found error codes after as the head unit interpreted the speakers disconnected. Probably the amp inputs were high enough impedance to not present sufficient load. I was just wondering if this could have something to do with the fader issue.

Edit: I didn’t install this particular kit but I guess connecting any amp might have similar issues

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi

we have them in stock ..

How much you got them for sale for?

Thanks

Chris

Back