All Terrain Tyres For Winter

a month ago I had reassembled the rims with the Nokian Weatherproof because I made a trip with a lot of highway .... today I could not resist, I put back the rims with the BF K02 ... they are too strong, I seem to be like a child but ', but that's fine,' I have fun and I have time to waste to get my hands dirty .. I do it for more '50 years, when I worked out the engine of my first Vespa hahaha

I love tyre writing, it almost seems old school to me. Not sure about the Blue or Red, but the rest looks cool.

The Red in the B is how the Bridgestone trademark is designed. The Blue is just to add to the red and white for my favourite colour combination.

I totally get this, as I really like both looks too. After seeing a few full-on Swampers on Seikels, they look awesome. I can see where Tourer is coming from, as in an ideal world, swapping between the two when you fancied or conditions dictated would be perfect. This was the first pic I saw which made such an impression on me, I stored it !!
34532207_10217244843851986_2966728623689564160_n.jpg

Hi

I am new to this forum and will be collecting a 2nd hand Caravelle next week. I was looking for a 4Motion but could not find one so plumped with 2WD for the first time in over a decade, previously a Land Rover person.

I often go in to fields and down farm tracks so I am hoping that a good tyre and the traction control will be enough for my needs to drag me through any gloop. I will not be mud plugging just potentially slippery surfaces.

Can anyone recommend a suitable tyre? I am considering the Michelin Cross Climate + SUV tyre that says it is 10% off road.

Thanks

Read the long long long thread now and what a load of choices. Having had Defenders I am well used to debates on tyres, I had no idea it would be similar on the T6 forum.

Although many questions answered I am still debating with myself what is best for me. I am leaning towards the Michelin CC+ SUV at the moment but I have also used they Latitude Cross on a Freelander 2 that were very good as well.

Can anyone answer how good the Traction Control is on a FWD T6? might help me decide.

Thanks

Whilst the Michelin CC SUV is a very good all rounder, it does have a high road/performance bias, and tends towards the summer end of the spectrum.
If you want a higher void ratio for better off-road use; and better snow use; then I would tend towards the Nokian weather proof SUV; better off-road/snow/deep water; not as good for dry summer handling. For a van its a superb tyre imo.

What size wheels do you have; because the Michelin agilis CC, is a superb tyre all round with larger voids than the CC-SUV.

Whilst the Michelin CC SUV is a very good all rounder, it does have a high road/performance bias, and tends towards the summer end of the spectrum.
If you want a higher void ratio for better off-road use; and better snow use; then I would tend towards the Nokian weather proof SUV; better off-road/snow/deep water; not as good for dry summer handling. For a van its a superb tyre imo.

What size wheels do you have; because the Michelin agilis CC, is a superb tyre all round with larger voids than the CC-SUV.
Whilst the

I have tried to work out how often I actually go off road in mileage terms - it is about:

93% on tarmac or gravel
5% farm tracks
2% grass or similar

A couple of times a month I will be driving and parking in fields so I need something with some grip but not a full All Terrain tyre. On my last Defender I had Cooper AT3's which a more road bias and they were fine, but this car will be 2wd..

This is why I was thinking Michelin CC+ SUV which state they are good for 10% off road but of course they don't define off road!

Years ago I had Pirelli Scorpion STR tyres that were great, just wish they still did them

Still pondering

I have tried to work out how often I actually go off road in mileage terms - it is about:

93% on tarmac or gravel
5% farm tracks
2% grass or similar

A couple of times a month I will be driving and parking in fields so I need something with some grip but not a full All Terrain tyre. On my last Defender I had Cooper AT3's which a more road bias and they were fine, but this car will be 2wd..

This is why I was thinking Michelin CC+ SUV which state they are good for 10% off road but of course they don't define off road!

Years ago I had Pirelli Scorpion STR tyres that were great, just wish they still did them

Still pondering
Do you do much winter - snow driving?

Back