All Terrain Tyres For Winter

T6Andy

T6 Pro
i currently have 18 wolfrace on standard suspension on my Shuttle. I have a sportline front spoiler and splitter fitted.

I have the set of stanadard 16” steels that I was thinking of fitting Cooper At3 too and then replacing the wolfrace for the winter.

Will there be issues with splitter spoiler height?

What size tyres would fit on my steels to give that chunky look without any problems?

Thanks for any advice.

If you will be driving in winter conditions get a set of proper winter tyres. All terrain tyres won't stop you as well as a good winter tyre. It's a different rubber compound. We live on a very steep hill, winter tyres grip on a slope we can't stand up on when we get out of van. They are are just brilliant on ice as well as snow .

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m going for the chunky look though

I did this recently with 17" steels and my B14s on the lowest setting. Nothing rubbed or touched, and they needed spacers to pull out the wheels a little, but it worked. (I just wasn't a fan of the visual result or the way it drove)

I've just tried again to achieve the same chunky look I wanted for winter, on my 19's, using much bigger 4x4 tyres, but again it didn't work visually. (too much wheel, not enough tyre)
If I could fit 16" wheels on my T6, i'd defiantly go that route, and whack on the biggest knobbliest tyres I could, then lift my B14's right up. Sadly 16's don't fit, and i've had to just settle with another set of 18" Banded Amaroks, that I will just put winter tyres on.

IMG_20180914_170641_402.jpg

Last edited:
I did this recently with 17" steels and my B14s on the lowest setting. Nothing rubbed or touched, and they needed spacers to pull out the wheels a little, but it worked. (I just wasn't a fan of the visual result or the way it drove)

I've just tried again to achieve the same chunky look I wanted for winter, on my 19's, using much bigger 4x4 tyres, but again it didn't work visually. (too much wheel, not enough tyre)
If I could fit 16" wheels on my T6, i'd defiantly go that route, and whack on the biggest knobbliest tyres I could, then lift my B14's right up. Sadly 16's don't fit, and i've had to just settle with another set of 18" Banded Amaroks, that I will just put winter tyres on.

View attachment 31279
I think that looks spot on tbh mate....sweet!

View attachment 31279
If you don't like them and fancy selling me give me a shout.

If you don't like them and fancy selling me give me a shout.

Mate, these were for sale on here a few weeks ago, but no one wanted them. I sold on eBay to a T5.1 owner.

If you actually want a set the same, they can be put together for less than £800.

View attachment 31279
i think it looks cool

I agree, it will look good, but you'll look a bugger slipping and sliding around in the ice and snow. Get proper winters if you want to move and stay safe in the winter.

.. my opinion is' that with snowy roads there can be different situations .... snow beaten and compact and cold, in this case the winter tires make the difference, with high snow, wet and mixed mud a good rubber AT takes everywhere ... it's not just a matter of fashion, you have to consider which roads everyone usually travels, whether northern europe or south where it snows but with other temperatures ...

Finally made a decision and purchased the Bridgestone Dueler AT 001 255/55/18 tyre set. Was going to go down the General Grabber AT3 route but after 3 days of reveiwing I opted for what I think will suit my use more as I do a lot of motorway miles, while wanting the chunkier look!

Finally made a decision and purchased the Bridgestone Dueler AT 001 255/55/18 tyre set. Was going to go down the General Grabber AT3 route but after 3 days of reveiwing I opted for what I think will suit my use more as I do a lot of motorway miles, while wanting the chunkier look!
Andy
Don't want to throw a spanner in your thoughts but I do 35 to 40k miles a year, All on AT3s.....mainly motorways, quiet and wear well. Got 35k out of the last set and only changed them as winter was on us, still had 3mm left on.

Yeh I it was a coin toss between the two, will see how the Bridgestone do they are better rated for fuel and Wet. Will report back with pics

That’s if you like the arse up in a ditch look

Why? It's snow rated, and sold as an 'All Terrain' tyre. It's a well reviewed tyre that's been tested on all surfaces and with great results.
I don't see any disadvantage running a tyre like that on a T6, baring in mind that most people don't even bother with winter tyres at all.
In my opinion you're far more likely to see a vehicle in a ditch that's running normal tyres than something like a KO2

i like the off road route i like the low look too
I have two sets of wheels. One I look at and think these would look good with the van lower. The other I look at and I think the van needs to be higher. I don't know which route to take.
This must be what it feels like trying to pick your favourite child.

I have two sets of wheels. One I look at and think these would look good with the van lower. The other I look at and I think the van needs to be higher. I don't know which route to take.

Being in the lowered group, i'd defiantly go higher.
This might be controversial, but it's my van and i've spent the money, but my B14's are starting to get on my nerves. I love the look of mine slammed, but it's hard, uncomfortable and a general pain in the arse. Yes, i'm sat on the lowest setting, but for me, it's all or nothing. I didn't want to invest in B14's and then sit them at a sensible height.
If I could start again, i'd go 17 or 18" banded steels, big tyres and lift kit. I'd couple that with different styling and go all out swamper.

The only disadvantage I see with that look for me is the fact i'd restrict the carparks I can access in Leicester.
I don't regret what i've done to my T6 and it looks awesome to me, but I wouldn't do it again, and in your position with a Camper, it makes perfect sense, plus you are obviously a fan of the Swamper look.

I'd actually go as far to say, if I get to drive a full on swamper, and like the way it drives, I will have no issue starting all over again if I can get reasonable money for my B14s.

Last edited:
lol

Back