All season vs all terrain tyres

Any one got pics of the navis Gelida on a silver van? I’m tempted by the anthracite colour

Awesome - looking forward to seeing them fitted :) I've done a 1000 miles now on mine, including a couple of drives in some torrential rain, very impressed so far, grip is excellent.
Thats great to hear. I am nervous about the 65 profile rubbing but fingers crossed everything will be fine and there looks to be enough of a gap in the arch for it not to be a problem. Tyre fitters did the usual and tried to talk me out of the Mich's for some Bridgestones they had on offer but decided to go for it after all the good reviews.
They'll get a good run out tomorrow to scrub them off and then we're off to the Dorset coast for a long weekend so another good test and a little light rough roading no doubt

What PSI did you go for? Starting at 45psi but wondered if it needed a bit more with the bigger tyres?

These wide rums gave the tyre guys a real issue inflating them to fit

I was recommended 42psi all round so have stuck to that
What PSI did you go for? Starting at 45psi but wondered if it needed a bit more with the bigger tyres?

These wide rums gave the tyre guys a real issue inflating them to fit

Awesome - looking forward to seeing them fitted :) I've done a 1000 miles now on mine, including a couple of drives in some torrential rain, very impressed so far, grip is excellent.
Havent cleaned and dressed the tyres yet, but straight home 1/4 mile for some pics. Looks like they fit perfectly and no rubbing or anything. Might be a tad too high pressure at 45psi though, so will adjust in the morning.

Tyre fitters absolutely hated putting them on the rims though - the Michelins come really narrow and literally only fill 2/3 of the width of the rim, and are a beast to inflate. Took the manager about 4 goes in the end on the last wheel as the young lads there couldnt do them at all. They all agreed they looked the business at the end though.

20230223_164334.jpg
20230223_164249.jpg20230223_164216.jpg20230223_164227.jpg

Havent cleaned and dressed the tyres yet, but straight home 1/4 mile for some pics. Looks like they fit perfectly and no rubbing or anything. Might be a tad too high pressure at 45psi though, so will adjust in the morning.

Tyre fitters absolutely hated putting them on the rims though - the Michelins come really narrow and literally only fill 2/3 of the width of the rim, and are a beast to inflate. Took the manager about 4 goes in the end on the last wheel as the young lads there couldnt do them at all. They all agreed they looked the business at the end though.

View attachment 189550
View attachment 189551View attachment 189554View attachment 189563
Love these been tempted by these on my silver van also like the anthracite colour, is your van lowered at all guessing it is

Love these been tempted by these on my silver van also like the anthracite colour, is your van lowered at all guessing it is
Only at the front by 40mm to level out the camper sag at the rear. These fill the arches nicely at this size. I went satin black as all the plastic trim on the van is the OEM matt/satin finish and the previous gloss black wheels just jarred with it all IMHO.
Keep an eye on the THQ ebay store as they regularly do discount codes and I saved £75 on this set by buying there.

View attachment 189550
They looks amazing! Yes, definitely quite a tight fit to the rim, but creates a great profile. My van is dropped about 40/45mm all round on ST-X coilover (T32) and I've had no rubbing issues at all so you should be fine. Enjoy your long weekend test drive!

They looks amazing! Yes, definitely quite a tight fit to the rim, but creates a great profile. My van is dropped about 40/45mm all round on ST-X coilover (T32) and I've had no rubbing issues at all so you should be fine. Enjoy your long weekend test drive!
100 mile run today and zero issues. Pleased with them and love how it all looks. Great not to panic every time I see a pothole!

I found the Pirelli Scorpion Allterrain Plus very good. Not too aggressive and very quiet (compared to other tyres I have used in the past)
Hi Loz

Just wondering how you are finding your Pirelli Scorpion AT+ 235/65/17 106H after using them for the past year.

Thanks

Garry

I can't recommend Vredestein Quatrac Pro highly enough. Great in recent heavy snow, and excellent all round tyres, and currently at 30k and still good for another 3-4k I think. These are my forth set across two vans and the car.

Hi Loz

Just wondering how you are finding your Pirelli Scorpion AT+ 235/65/17 106H after using them for the past year.

Thanks

Garry
They were great actually, they didn’t work harden like the Michelins did.

I can't recommend Vredestein Quatrac Pro highly enough. Great in recent heavy snow, and excellent all round tyres, and currently at 30k and still good for another 3-4k I think. These are my forth set across two vans and the car.

Yeah, we’ve got those on our car - very happy with them.

View attachment 189550
are these the SUV version ? The Agilis version seems a bit more aggressive ?

Back