Chunky AS tyres in an 18"?

nosiesta

Hi all. Concious of the slight cross post to my post of a few days ago, but hopefully this is distinct enough not to be an issue.

I'm looking for a good performing all-season tyre that comes in 18" that has the 3PSF symbol and has a chunky look! Yes, I know, vain!

Any thoughts?

I appreciate that an AS tyre isn't going to look that beefy in comparison to an AT, but some are better than others.

The Michelin Agilis CrossClimate would be perfect, but they don't do an 18.

Other ideas (not sure how chunky they look side-on...) are

CrossClimate 3
Pirelli Scorpion All Season SF2

Any experiences or ideas?

Thanks lots for your help. Awesome forum!

Well first pick your tyre size: depending on load rating needs you're probably going to want something like 235/55/R18s (there really aren't good A/S options available in other sizes other than 255/45/R18 which is ok in availability terms but looks a little 'under-tyred' size wise IMHO).

And then just have a look at A/S tyres in that size somewhere with a good selection like MyTyres:

Some are more chunky/grippy looking than others.
eg. the Hankook Kinergy 4S2s or the Maxxis Premitra's at least have a reasonably grippy look...?

PS I haven't checked them all but I think most if not all will be 3PMSF rated.

Thanks for the help and a great tip. Can anyone advise whether I can run a 235/60 as opposed to a 235/55 on my van and if there is a downside to this? Many thanks as always.

Back