All season vs all terrain tyres

I think you have nailed the solution I am looking for on my van as well - they look brilliant on those wheels and I sound like what I need.
Can I ask a couple of questions if you dont mind please -
1. are these the Navis Mac-AT's? 17s or 18's?
2. could you tell me the tyre size as well please
3. is the van lowered - looks like a little drop or maybe this just fills the arches better?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Yeah took me a long time to work out what I needed for my use but fortunately there’s quite a lot of inspiration on this forum. Always wanted 20s as I love the look, but was put off after years on some 19s on a Golf which looked great and handled well, but offered a hard ride, was very noisy and just couldn’t deal with pot holes!! For the van, comfort and handling was the priority (and losing the arch gap!).

1. These are the Navis Mac-ATs in 17 inch, they don’t offer any larger size than that

2. Tyres are 235/17/65 Load Rated (109) no rubbing or fitment issues at all.

3. Yes, lowered approx. 40mm. Have ST-X coilovers for T32. With the extra diameter of the wheel and the subtle drop you lose the big arch gap and it’s got car like handling now. No more body roll and crashy suspension, corners are now fun!!

I’ve only had a chance to do a couple of drives so far, but first impressions are great! The whole set up is an immediate transformation.

Last edited:
Yeah took me a long time to work out what I needed for my use but fortunately there’s quite a lot of inspiration on this forum. Always wanted 20s as I love the look, but was put off after years on some 19s on a Golf which looked great and handled well, but offered a hard ride, was very noisy and just couldn’t deal with pot holes!! For the van, comfort and handling was the priority (and losing the arch gap!).

1. These are the Navis Mac-ATs in 17 inch, they don’t offer any larger size than that

2. Tyres are 235/17/65 Load Rated (109) no rubbing or fitment issues at all.

3. Yes, lowered approx. 40mm. Have ST-X coilovers for T32. With the extra diameter of the wheel and the subtle drop you lose the big arch gap and it’s got car like handling now. No more body roll and crashy suspension, corner are now fun!!

I’ve only had a chance to do a couple of drives so far, but first impressions are great! The whole set up is an immediate transformation.
Thanks for the reply - very very interesting.

Thats also interesting about your lowered 40mm height - mine has been lowered at the front only by 40mm to level out the camper-sag at the rear, so sounds like its probably about the same as yours, and I was nervous about size. I already did the ARBs and that had a huge impact on handling and reducing roll through roundabouts etc.

I havent found the Navis available as a package with the Cross Climates yet - did you get them them together or source them seperately? If you found a good deal I'd appreciate a PM on where to look if you dont mind ;)
Thanks again

Have you noticed any difference in fuel economy? What wheels did you have before?
I have sportlines with 255/45/18 which look nice but considering I want to camp more they aren't the most practical for fields and car parks with 450NM torque:oops:.
65 profile suggests the speedo will be quite different as standard is a 55. Have you noticed anything?

Thats also interesting about your lowered 40mm height - mine has been lowered at the front only by 40mm to level out the camper-sag at the rear, so sounds like its probably about the same as yours, and I was nervous about size. I already did the ARBs and that had a huge impact on handling and reducing roll through roundabouts etc.

I havent found the Navis available as a package with the Cross Climates yet - did you get them them together or source them seperately? If you found a good deal I'd appreciate a PM on where to look if you dont mind ;)
Thanks again
My interior build is more day van/camper - (smart bed on rails, kitchen with fridge only and bench seat) so the weight is quite low on a T32 platform so it’s not got the camper-sag.

I got my wheel and tyre combo through Bognor Motors as I wanted them fitted, alignment etc. you could always source direct from THQ (who own Navis) and source the tyres seperately. I rang THQ first about the tyre sizing and they were super helpful and actually recommend that size for that sort of tyre.

My interior build is more day van/camper - (smart bed on rails, kitchen with fridge only and bench seat) so the weight is quite low on a T32 platform so it’s not got the camper-sag.

I got my wheel and tyre combo through Bognor Motors as I wanted them fitted, alignment etc. you could always source direct from THQ (who own Navis) and source the tyres seperately. I rang THQ first about the tyre sizing and they were super helpful and actually recommend that size for that sort of tyre.
Thanks - didnt know THQ owned Navis - will give them a call.

Have you noticed any difference in fuel economy? What wheels did you have before?
I have sportlines with 255/45/18 which look nice but considering I want to camp more they aren't the most practical for fields and car parks with 450NM torque:oops:.
65 profile suggests the speedo will be quite different as standard is a 55. Have you noticed anything?
Was getting up to 48 mpg on the stock 16s. - on a long motorway run! Haven’t done that with this set up yet. The speedo is definitely out (I checked on willtheyfit.com I’d imagine your 18 set up is a larger diameter than my originals were) I’m doing 60mph at about 58mph on the speedo. Waze helps flag roughly what I’m actually doing and it’s generally about 2mph out!

They new tyres are B rated for fuel economy, will do a manual MPG check at some point, as the few runs I have done so far were late 30s topping out at about 40mpg, but obvs that might now be out!!

Thanks - didnt know THQ owned Navis - will give them a call.
Definitely worth a shout - if you ring Navis it goes through to the team at THQ. They were actually selling a lightly used set of Satin Black ones for a discount a couple of days ago - worth checking their Facebook.

Great, thanks for all the info. That's some good economy there too. I can only dream of 40s. Lucky if I see 30!
I was looking at the factory setup of 235/55/17 but not sure if they'd look a little small on AT style wheels. Too much choice out there!

Great, thanks for all the info. That's some good economy there too. I can only dream of 40s. Lucky if I see 30!
I was looking at the factory setup of 235/55/17 but not sure if they'd look a little small on AT style wheels. Too much choice out there!
No probs, I’d say too small, only from everything I researched.

Thanks again
Hi
I have some Navis Gelida-AT 17” in black which are as new as I decided I preferred my other wheels so removed immediately. I bought as wheel only. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks

Definitely worth a shout - if you ring Navis it goes through to the team at THQ. They were actually selling a lightly used set of Satin Black ones for a discount a couple of days ago - worth checking their Facebook.
I saw that but appeared to come with some Falken AT tyres, and I'm more tempted by some true road tyres really.

No they are wheels only. Bought for £1000 and selling for £780 as new totally unmarked.
sorry - cross replies. I was referring to the lightly used wheels being sold by THQ. Yours sound good value - will have a think and get back to you. Thanls for the offer - where are you located?

sorry - cross replies. I was referring to the lightly used wheels being sold by THQ. Yours sound good value - will have a think and get back to you. Thanls for the offer - where are you located?
Apologies. I am in Derbyshire. Thanks

I think this will be my solution - thanks again. I take it these are the SUV version?
Found some pretty good prices on these and also 7.5% off the Navis wheels, so think I'll be pressing the button :)
Awesome. No probs at all, glad I could help. Yes, these are the SUV version.

Was just mulling over these wheels and while walking the dog this morning I saw a stunning Crafter with the Navis fitted in black with big old BFG's and it looked STUNNING! Got home and bought them with the £75 off voucher through their ebay store
Just need to find the best price for the Cross Climates fitted now....

Looks great. Just wondered why did you go with 65 profile and 108 load rating? Looking at same tyres but 55 profile & 103 to match current tyres.
I called the guys at THQ (If you check their web page for this wheel they give recommended tyre sizes based on your suspension set up) and for a van on coilovers either this since or slightly smaller 225/65 was what they would recommend for this wheel. i wanted a decent load rating as it’s a T32 and the 108 was easily available. I think this size fills the arch gap nicely, any smaller and I’d want to drop the ride height a bit more or it might look a little scrawny on that wheel. There’s no rubbing and the grip is superb.

Back