Thatratman

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I see this has been mentioned on a few other posts but I just want to check I'm doing the right thing..
The rear end of my t6 needs dropping approx 10mm to sit closer to being level with the front, I'm planning to do this on the drive at home with jacks and axle stands.
Is it as simple as jacking it up each side, putting it on stands and unbolting the bottom shocker bolt to allow movement of the adjuster ring, adjusting the ring, then bolting the shock back to the arm?
Also, does anyone know what the bolts should be torqued to?
Any pointers or help much appreciated.
Cheers.

Hi all, I see this has been mentioned on a few other posts but I just want to check I'm doing the right thing..
The rear end of my t6 needs dropping approx 10mm to sit closer to being level with the front, I'm planning to do this on the drive at home with jacks and axle stands.
Is it as simple as jacking it up each side, putting it on stands and unbolting the bottom shocker bolt to allow movement of the adjuster ring, adjusting the ring, then bolting the shock back to the arm?
Also, does anyone know what the bolts should be torqued to?
Any pointers or help much appreciated.
Cheers.
No its not that simple.
You need to lift the rear arms with a jack or similar to take the pressure off the shock so you can undo it, to then adjust the spring collar

I did this earlier this year, took me a few attempts to get it correct but I wouldn't describe it as hard. I am not a mechanic in anyway. Once I had the method could do a complete adjustment in about 1 hour. Bottle jack is useful for fine positioning of the wishbone, not essential.

Steps I did, if I have remembered correctly

1) jack under wishbones with wooden block, axle stands on jacking points
2) support wishbone with bottle jack and undo the lower shock bolt
3) let wishbone drop - not too much if its a 4motion, repeat on other side
4) I was able to change the adjuster with the spring still in place
5) you are meant to torque the shock bolt with weight on the van, without a ramp on a lowered van I couldn't get access. Instead I carefully preloaded the wishbone by jacking underneath it and then torqued lower shock bolt 180nm + half turn
6) before remeasuring go for a drive and find some speed bumps, i found mine settled quite a bit from when it was initially dropped down.

Hope that helps.

I did this earlier this year, took me a few attempts to get it correct but I wouldn't describe it as hard. I am not a mechanic in anyway. Once I had the method could do a complete adjustment in about 1 hour. Bottle jack is useful for fine positioning of the wishbone, not essential.

Steps I did, if I have remembered correctly

1) jack under wishbones with wooden block, axle stands on jacking points
2) support wishbone with bottle jack and undo the lower shock bolt
3) let wishbone drop - not too much if its a 4motion, repeat on other side
4) I was able to change the adjuster with the spring still in place
5) you are meant to torque the shock bolt with weight on the van, without a ramp on a lowered van I couldn't get access. Instead I carefully preloaded the wishbone by jacking underneath it and then torqued lower shock bolt 180nm + half turn
6) before remeasuring go for a drive and find some speed bumps, i found mine settled quite a bit from when it was initially dropped down.

Hope that helps.
Thats a great help, thanks.

My van is on H&R coilovers and I want to raise the rear by around 10mm.

Since it's a bit of a faff to adjust the rear height, it would be really useful to know roughly how far I need to move the adjustment collar to get ~10mm increase in height.

With the spring sitting around Hallway between the fulcrum and the wheel I was guessing around 5mm ought to do it?

Ta.

My van is on H&R coilovers and I want to raise the rear by around 10mm.

Since it's a bit of a faff to adjust the rear height, it would be really useful to know roughly how far I need to move the adjustment collar to get ~10mm increase in height.

With the spring sitting around Hallway between the fulcrum and the wheel I was guessing around 5mm ought to do it?

Ta.
Yes you are right with the spring being in board the amount of movement on the adjuster needs to be less than the height gain you desire
If you lift the adjuster up 6 to 7 mm you will get the 10 mm raise on the van .

Back