Bilstein B14 Komforts Adjustment

chappers0987

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

I’m looking to raise the ride height of my van by 10 to 15mm, I currently have B14 Komforts fitted lowered 65mm, however the height from the floor to bottom of the front bumper (when parked on a level surface is 120mm) it is causing me kerb / speed bump anxiety!

The front coilovers I can see look straight forward to adjust but the rears look to involve unbolting bits to gain access? Does anyone have a guide on how to adjust them / bits to unbolt?

I only have a trolley Jack and don’t like the idea of using the Jack supplied with the van as doesn’t look to be sturdy at all. Will this be sufficient?

I have a t32 LWB 4m 199ps 6.1 if it makes any difference.

Apologies if this has been covered before I did do search but to no avail.

Thank you in advance

I’m all for tinkering and doing my own stuff, but I’d honestly see if CRS will sort out the ride height for you. I think jacking up one corner at a time and then trying to adjust the height to guess how it will sit under load just sounds horrific.
Give it to someone who just knows and will do it in 30 minutes so it sits properly all round while you have a brew.

I’m all for tinkering and doing my own stuff, but I’d honestly see if CRS will sort out the ride height for you. I think jacking up one corner at a time and then trying to adjust the height to guess how it will sit under load just sounds horrific.
Give it to someone who just knows and will do it in 30 minutes so it sits properly all round while you have a brew.
I was thinking the same to be honest but I’m pleased I’ve got a second opinion. I’ve spoken to Leighton Vans this morning who fitted them when I purchased my van and they going to sort it for me not sure if it’s going to cost me but least I won’t be worried as much about every speed bump or kerb I come across!

Hi all,

I’m looking to raise the ride height of my van by 10 to 15mm, I currently have B14 Komforts fitted lowered 65mm, however the height from the floor to bottom of the front bumper (when parked on a level surface is 120mm) it is causing me kerb / speed bump anxiety!

The front coilovers I can see look straight forward to adjust but the rears look to involve unbolting bits to gain access? Does anyone have a guide on how to adjust them / bits to unbolt?

I only have a trolley Jack and don’t like the idea of using the Jack supplied with the van as doesn’t look to be sturdy at all. Will this be sufficient?

Thank you in advance
What splitter do you have at that measurement please.

Hi it’s the T6.1 LV-R Front Bumper

It’s quite a bit lower than the Sportline bumper with vanstyle lower splitter I had on my previous T6. That was lowered 70mm on the same coilovers and had much more ground clearance.
Hi it’s the T6.1 LV-R Front Bumper

It’s quite a bit lower than the Sportline bumper with vanstyle lower splitter I had on my previous T6. That was lowered 70mm on the same coilovers and had much more ground clearance.
This is what I’m trying to work out. Got a new 6.1 coming but not sure what splitter to get for the same reason you have mentioned.

Hi all,

Thank you in advance
This might turn out to be a bigger job than you anticipate. The B14 adjusters are often adjusted to the highest setting and the vans still sit too low ( way below the 40 mm it says on the tin) . This is because the springs aren't sufficiently rated for many vans particularly heavy vans campers and 4 motions . This means mods maybe need to be done to get the van higher . Ideally the spring needs to be stronger but sadly there arent any stonger springs that fit the B14 adjuster . We usually change the spring adjuster and spring to get the correct results . Better ride and better height adjustment .
The picture was a camper van fitted weeks before the photo was taken with the B14 Komfort kit . The spring is blocked out with only a few mm of travel left and as you can see adjusted to the 40 mm setting but the van was 75 mm down , .

If you can call me ill explain what we can do to correct it ,

PS if your van is light ie empty panel van there will be some adjustment left and then its easy to sort out .

steve

rear B14  spring.jpg

This might turn out to be a bigger job than you anticipate. The B14 adjusters are often adjusted to the highest setting and the vans still sit too low ( way below the 40 mm it says on the tin) . This is because the springs aren't sufficiently rated for many vans particularly heavy vans campers and 4 motions . This means mods maybe need to be done to get the van higher . Ideally the spring needs to be stronger but sadly there arent any stonger springs that fit the B14 adjuster . We usually change the spring adjuster and spring to get the correct results . Better ride and better height adjustment .
The picture was a camper van fitted weeks before the photo was taken with the B14 Komfort kit . The spring is blocked out with only a few mm of travel left and as you can see adjusted to the 40 mm setting but the van was 75 mm down , .

If you can call me ill explain what we can do to correct it ,

PS if your van is light ie empty panel van there will be some adjustment left and then its easy to sort out .

steve

View attachment 176468
Thanks Steve for your message, I’ve since booked the van back in with Leighton Vans who fitted the B14’s originally to adjust them.

All being well they’ll sort me out but I’ll give you a call if I’m not satisfied and see how we move from there.

Thanks again Alex

We are working on a replacement B14 spring to help the many customers who are struggling with the rear springs , either not working or breaking .

steve

Back