How difficult is it to adjust the H&R arbs?

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have H&R arbs front and back on my T6, can anyone advise if its as simple job of taking the wheel off loosening the lower drop link and then reinserting it? (does anyone have the torque specs for the bolts?)

Would adjusting the ARB's affect tracking?

Hi, the front can be adjusted by the method you’ve mentioned. The rear cannot. As for tracking that’s not required when you adjust the arb as you’re not affecting the alignment on the vehicle, just the residual tension in the arb by effectively shortening or increasing the length of the leaver by bolting to one of the 3 holes on each side. Obvs ensure you set them the same on each side.

Hi, the front can be adjusted by the method you’ve mentioned. The rear cannot. As for tracking that’s not required when you adjust the arb as you’re not affecting the alignment on the vehicle, just the residual tension in the arb by effectively shortening or increasing the length of the leaver by bolting to one of the 3 holes on each side. Obvs ensure you set them the same on each side.
What ARBs have 3 holes for adjustment ?

Front Strutt.jpg helps if my Phone actually uploads the image 1st time. I've currently got them set on the middle hole. I figured if it we too taught, I could go tot he end hole or too the other way I could go to the shorter end. in reality I doubt I can be bothered to adjust again. oh and the wheel arch liner was missing as I also replaced headlights at the same time.

Believe it or not.. the ARB can actually be on different holes each side for more adjustability. The torsion within the bar needs to be looked at as a whole rather than 2 separate sides. Took me a while to get my head round it but confirmed by reliable sources.

Back