Adding footwell lighting

They'll be on permanent like that, if you want them to come on with lights and dim on the roller you need to use the ambient feed, from memory it's in the red connector under the one your in

They'll be on permanent like that, if you want them to come on with lights and dim on the roller you need to use the ambient feed, from memory it's in the red connector under the one your in
They’re on the courtesy circuit they are not permanently on.

Great all working is now!

For others reference the red/black and red/brown cables are in the white connector. Picture attached

Thanks for the help!

View attachment 55140
How did you find these to fit? Just about to get some. Do they stay on while driving as I really like the red glow while driving at night like I have on my Audi?

How did you find these to fit? Just about to get some. Do they stay on while driving as I really like the red glow while driving at night like I have on my Audi?
Pretty straightforward after I got help regarding the mismatch between the printed instructions, and the T6 wiring configuration.

Just to confirm, the lights illuminate and dim at the same time as the main interior lights, so turn off when driving.

Im pretty sure someone on here has done just that,its something i want to do as well.

If you want them to come on with the instrument lighting connect them behind the dimmer switch next to the light switch or any illuminated button on the dash.

Grey/blue trace is +ve
Brown is -ve

they might be a bit bright though, you can dim them by adding a resistor in series,

If you want them to come on with the instrument lighting connect them behind the dimmer switch next to the light switch or any illuminated button on the dash.

Grey/blue trace is +ve
Brown is -ve

they might be a bit bright though, you can dim them by adding a resistor in series,

Now my brain is working, there's a grey blue ambient feed in the red plug behind the glove box, saves dragging wires all over. The full smd lights are quite bright though without reducing the voltage. I used a dc-dc buck convertor on the advise of @Dellmassive and it worked spot on!

My front and rears are fed from the same point, works a treat. These are ambient lights to be clear, not courtesy lights so they only work with the lights. 20191109_172023.jpg

Now my brain is working, there's a grey blue ambient feed in the red plug behind the glove box, saves dragging wires all over. The full smd lights are quite bright though without reducing the voltage. I used a dc-dc buck convertor on the advise of @Dellmassive and it worked spot on!

My front and rears are fed from the same point, works a treat. These are ambient lights to be clear, not courtesy lights so they only work with the lights. View attachment 55162

I'm jumping up and down liked a spoilt child now.....I want these.....big time! Come on @RedUn.....do an idiot guide and a link just for me! When I say idiot guide, I mean idiot guide!!:thumbsup:

I've already got the white led footwell lights that activate when you open the door,its the red ambient lights that i want to run parallel.

I've already got the white led footwell lights that activate when you open the door,its the red ambient lights that i want to run parallel.
I've got the same ones in white that I'm going to link on the courtesy circuit for puddle lights, you could swap them to the door cars and fit red ones in the footwell? Saves making another cut out anyway?

I'm jumping up and down liked a spoilt child now.....I want these.....big time! Come on @RedUn.....do an idiot guide and a link just for me! When I say idiot guide, I mean idiot guide!!:thumbsup:
More than happy to help out, which bit do you need to know exactly? Would a shopping list help?

Genuinely the hardest bit is routing the wires behind the dash from the passengers side to the drivers side neatly! What a ball ache!

Okay @RedUn, what I need to know is when are you coming to Thirsk to do mine? :rofl:
Only kidding..... Right so you appear to have fitted them in the rear of the front seat bases so you bought two sets, right??? If so, how did you connect up both sets and how did you route the cables?
Thanks in advance bruv! :thumbsup:

I've got the same ones in white that I'm going to link on the courtesy circuit for puddle lights, you could swap them to the door cars and fit red ones in the footwell? Saves making another cut out anyway?
Oh my god, I'm having a little moment here......puddle lights..... ambient lights..... "NURSE..... NURSE..... GET ME MY TABLETS!" :rofl::rofl:

Okay @RedUn, what I need to know is when are you coming to Thirsk to do mine? :rofl:
Only kidding..... Right so you appear to have fitted them in the rear of the front seat bases so you bought two sets, right??? If so, how did you connect up both sets and how did you route the cables?
Thanks in advance bruv! :thumbsup:
Last time I was in Thirsk I stayed in one of the pubs, great place with great roads too :thumbsup:

Yeah picked up two sets and it was quite simple to do, the fronts are wired independently, as the feed is behind the glove box just route a feed and earth over to the drivers side, you can do it all behind the lower dash so it's out the way. Passenger side is straight forward so no need to explain.

Rears again from the same feed behind glove box this time route the cable under the rubber floor or carpet, I found it easy to take the passenger step off to help access. Under each front seats there's a slot where a load of harness comes through so I came through that to passenger seat base, from that it's an easy route straight across to the drivers seat under the floor.

The only thing I can say, the lower dash in the front ready has pre punched cut outs, they come out easily with a knife, when you do though, before you fit the light, make a bloody template out of cardboard for the rears, I didn't which slowed me down. For the rears mark it up, drill the 4 corners with a small, (2mm or so) drill and I used a multiool to cut the edges, do it all from the outside in and the finish is nice not that you'll see it with the light fitted but I'm weird :D

Does that help so far?

Back