Adding footwell lighting

Can your kit be fitted so that they stay on whilst the headlights are on ?
I bought a red footwell lighting kit from here and had it wired so I into could run it from the vans ambient lighting circuit so they come on with the headlights.

Does the feed for the sidestep light have to be fed down the B pillar or can the C be used?

I would like a white LED kit please? So these come on with the interior and when you open/unlock? How do I order?

Thinking of fitting red led ambience lights into the seat bases,facing forward!..
Anyone done/seen this mod.will be fitting white footwell lights,so thes will be off the ambience lighting dimmer.

Am I missing something as I cannot find these in the shop? Do I need to order direct from Pauly?

Can anyone say if these can be wired to the ambient circuit but do they also come on when the door is opened? Is this possible to have the both

You'd have to be careful wiring them to two circuits especially as the curtesy circuit is switched on the -ve side and the ambient circuit is switched on the +ve side. As long as you use some appropriate diodes to isolate both circuits then you could have them coming on when the doors open and also when the instrument lights come on.

Thanks Deaky. Diodes are above me. I guess a relay would probably be a little overkill for this.

So for those who have the footwell lighting what would you rather have? on with the doors/interior lights or on with the ambient circuit? I have none so starting a fresh.

Thanks Deaky. Diodes are above me. I guess a relay would probably be a little overkill for this.

So for those who have the footwell lighting what would you rather have? on with the doors/interior lights or on with the ambient circuit? I have none so starting a fresh.
Wired mine ambient, I like the glow at night and with the ambient centre light you can actually see inside at night now!

You could use two changeover relays, one for the -ve side and one for the +ve but you'd have problems because both circuits are dimmed. This will cause the relays to chatter and possibly damage them, plus your footwell lights would loose the dimming functionality.

Hi all,
I purchased the Travelin-Lite footwell kit, and while the instructions say they cover the T6, the connectors inside the A pillar are very different.

Can anyone share some guidance on how I should be doing this?

Thanks

IMG_20191123_111522.jpg

IMG_20191123_111518.jpg

You need to remove the lower glove box, the connectors you’re looking for are on the left hand side.
24F3CF1C-D686-4241-99A2-C94B1E28B41A.jpeg

What @Deaky said....

That yellow plug is an airbag connector.

If the ignition was switched on with that yellow unplugged you will have an airbag light.

Great - thanks gents

Which plug and wires am I meant to connect the posi taps to?

Apologies - not really done anything with van electrics before, so guidance massively appreciated!

IMG_20191123_113523.jpg

Red/black trace is +ve, brown/red trace is -ve. Not sure which plug they’re in.

Great all working is now!

For others reference the red/black and red/brown cables are in the white connector. Picture attached

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20191123_121140.jpg

Back