Adblue warning wont go off

Dannyb6467

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening folks.
Had a message to put adblue in at about 1500 miles to go, put the same amount in as I always do....and now the warning has stayed on and the range is decreasing rapidly. Done approximately 120 miles since fill and now range is 300 miles.
The only thing I did differently this fill (and I've done loads without issues) was I didn't start the van straight after filling, it was the next morning.
Any ideas how to get the warning to cancel and if not, do you reckon the van will actually stop at the end of 300 miles?

How much did you put in vs what it said min/max ?

I put in 5ltrs and it asked for a gallon...I think. Basically the same as I always do...the last 7 or 8 times.

And what does it say to add now (normally says a min value and a max value)?

Pete

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, that message makes no sense.
It's saying you are low on AdBlue, but then says you can only put in 0.75 gals (min and max).

Anyone else got any ideas ?

Pete

Reactions: mmi
adblue in at about 1500 miles to go

I put in 5ltrs and it asked for a gallon...

Well, seems to be a T6.1 - not much experience with them but 5 litres fill-up at 1500 miles is not much (enough?). Certainly the min/max numbers currently do not make sense - perhaps the ECU just got confused.

At 1500 miles (2400 km) (my) T6 asks a minimum 6.25 litres. There is a minimum threshold for registering the remaining miles - thus even being a T6.1 I'd suggest to pour into some more - T6 would gladly accept another 5 litres.

I have played with T6 by filling less than requested, and quite often the miles remaining just doesn't update - although the fill amounts do update.

T6 just before fill-up.​

T6_AdBlue_b_+00hours+IMG_20220506_175720-a.jpg

T6 after a fill-up of 2 litres the display next day (18 hours later).​

T6_AdBlue_b_+18hours-IMG_20220507_122207-a.jpg

What's puzzled me this time is I've done the same amounts as always done before. As the van warns me, I immediately (within a few miles) add a full tub. I wonder if the warnings and parameters change?
I'll add some more and update the thread.

Reactions: mmi
Topped up to almost over flowing and now the warning is 300 miles until engine stops...VW assistance on their way !!
I wonder if the engine would actually stop due to the engine management telling it to??

Topped up to almost over flowing and now the warning is 300 miles until engine stops...VW assistance on their way !!
I wonder if the engine would actually stop due to the engine management telling it to??
I recently overfilled mine at the pump until it overflowed. All was well for around 100 miles & then the range dropped from 6000 miles to 300. I ignored it & carried on driving. A couple of hundred miles later it sorted itself out & the range went up to 6500. I’m now on my way home from the Alps having done 1500miles or so & it’s showing 4500 mile range. I think if you ignore it, it’ll sort itself.

They do stop once they've counted down, and need to be reset on diagnostics to restart.
It may work just using it and hoping that it resets, but you may also find yourself stuck somewhere.

Right....sorted.
It needed more adblue. I'd filled it to the brim and the warnings were still there. VW assist came out, said he knows what the issue is...he tried to add more but overflowed. He shook the van side to side then tried again...still overflowed. He tipped up the adblue and squeezed the container, big rush of air and the van gulped another 5ltrs.
Air locked!!
Warning now off.

Back