AdBlue top-up issue (merge)

Thanks.
Still an interesting discrepancy between 01-Engine and 17-Instruments :unsure:

Code:
01-Engine
IDE03142    Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency    8679.12     km

17-Instruments
IDE00778    Urea operating range    5500     km
In my own logs (of 5 years) T6 those values are always in sync - the 17-Instruments is just rounded up (to every 500 km) value of what engine reports. So unless you just refilled the AdBlue, I'm wondering which way the dash counter is running now.

You could record multiple engine blockmaps on your next 30+ minute journey. Trying to catch abnormalities in the data somewhere - which hopefully gives some clues whereto look closer.

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map >

Each engine blockmap takes 65 seconds - thus set the "Repeats" accordingly - e.g. for 30 minute drive - repeats = 27.

1690020128876.png

Hit Go
Let VCDS run through one blockmap (to record status of cold engine)
Switch Stop/Start off
Start the engine - do your journey
When finished - clear "Repeats" to 0

Let the engine still tick over, record one more blockmap.

Change "Single controller address" to 17 - record the blockmap once.

1690020928775.png

EDIT: Please make and post a fresh VCDS Auto-Scan.

Amazing VW can write and hide some code to ‘sex up’ emissions data during MOT testing but they can’t manage the same skill level for normal running of a vehicle. Complete disgrace.

Amazing VW can write and hide some code to ‘sex up’ emissions data during MOT testing but they can’t manage the same skill level for normal running of a vehicle. Complete disgrace.
It’s crazy all the things they design and vw cant even squirt a bit of liquid into a tube with out EML lights coming on

Thanks.
Still an interesting discrepancy between 01-Engine and 17-Instruments :unsure:

Code:
01-Engine
IDE03142    Remaining vehicle distance until reducing agent deficiency    8679.12     km

17-Instruments
IDE00778    Urea operating range    5500     km
In my own logs (of 5 years) T6 those values are always in sync - the 17-Instruments is just rounded up (to every 500 km) value of what engine reports. So unless you just refilled the AdBlue, I'm wondering which way the dash counter is running now.

You could record multiple engine blockmaps on your next 30+ minute journey. Trying to catch abnormalities in the data somewhere - which hopefully gives some clues whereto look closer.

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map >

Each engine blockmap takes 65 seconds - thus set the "Repeats" accordingly - e.g. for 30 minute drive - repeats = 27.

Hit Go
Let VCDS run through one blockmap (to record status of cold engine)
Switch Stop/Start off
Start the engine - do your journey
When finished - clear "Repeats" to 0

Let the engine still tick over, record one more blockmap.

Change "Single controller address" to 17 - record the blockmap once.

EDIT: Please make and post a fresh VCDS Auto-Scan.
The dash is now at 5500 miles so it is counting down from 6500
when I did the block map the van was out of level on my drive

Reactions: mmi
Not sure if the scaling is exactly correct. The highest number I have recorded is 16.644 litres.
Or even the stated 13 litres is accurate, perhaps a reserve on top of that. I have managed to fill up with 12.4 litres when the IDE10247 still was showing 3.8 litres remaining (dash then showing fill amount 7.0 - 11.0 litres, remaining 1300 km).

All looks good just the rear speaker

Attachments

• Log-B10PVC 6 -WV1ZZZ7HZJH033417-139190km-86488mi.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 7
So we took delivery of a new T32 this week on the biz and have a bit of a weird one.

Adblue range on the dash is showing 9000, but our Weconnect is showing a range of only 1492 miles left.

Just wondering if anyone else has had discrepancies in adblue reporting between the vehicle and software.
We're assuming to trust the dash, and have contacted dealership to confirm when last adblue top up happened - but is a bit of a weird one.

Ignore it, mine as well is stack at 1492.
That’s the Year Christopher Columbus discovered America.
500 years later Vw can’t even connect their app to the van.
Yeh I thought the randomness was deffo a glitch. Sad they can't have a working app in 2023 innit. Cheers for settling the brain

Maybe Vw is right. Maybe it’s not meant to give you the exact amount of Adblue but it just keep an eye on it and 1492 is lower limit to trigger the sensor?
If this is correct Christopher Columbus didn’t discover america for nothing.
Maybe something here. I don’t recall the exact limit but mine starts asking for more of that sweet Adblue at well over 2000km left, kind of resonates with 1492 miles.

Perhaps, instead of seeking to trade spices, Christopher really should have disrupted the market by starting a first ever route for Adblue.

A bit of a update on adblue problem
I’ve done about 1000 miles with no Adblue warning light coming on not sure why but I’m ok with that maybe it’s fixed it’s self
the only things I’ve done is taken out the injector and cleaned it but it wasn’t really crystallised
and I added some redex diesel cleaner to a tank of diesel maybe it’s cleaned the sensors and EGR
I’m not 100% it’s fixed yet but the light normal came on after 100 miles or so
I can’t find any where to get the software update put on so I’m still running the old software as vw won’t do it for me

I've got a 2019 T6 150PS and refilled the adblue at 400miles left but after 200 miles the dash still hasn't reset and it's now saying that in 200miles the van won't start, I'm getting pretty desperate as I've got two kids that need to get to nursery and school, so can't be without my transport.

I've never had adblue before so when I refilled it I did it to the max until it came out of the overflow, I didn't know this can cause issues before I did it...after 200miles it hasn't updated so I've tried resetting the ECU, draining out around a litre of adblue with a syphon pipe but still no change.

The clock is ticking at 200miles and soon the van won't start.

Can anyone advise how I access the adblue tank, what do I need to remove to gain access ?

Can I buy a new tank or sensor online and swap it out or is there an easier method ?

I've looked into an Adblue Delete but the guy wants £400 and said the DPF will fail earlier then normal if I do this and other people have said it can cause issues, can anyone advise if thats true ?

Another thread said that with the correct VCDS software you can do a SCR unlock which should get me another 1000miles out of the adblue check

Soon my vehicle won't start and I'll have to pay to have it towed to a garage so I'm desperate to fix it before it gets to that stage, any advise really appreciated

you need to get the van plugged into a scanner to see what codes you have,

could be cable damage under the van?

no comms with the adblue tank unit?

the sensor and pump are all integral into the tank, so not an easy fix.

replacing the tank will still need to diagnostic scanner work.

++++

so you need to pop into VW van centre for a quick plug-in check.

or take to a local VW indy for the same.

++++

if you get the fault codes then that will get you direction to go.

++++

CARISTA

OBD-11

VCDS

all all comon scan tools that will read fault codes.

Back