Adblue not registering

Lorp

I'm not sure if I've missed this. The adblue warning light came on yesterday- I think it was probably last filled at a service. It had a 1500 mile warning with a minimum and maximum fill so we filled just below maximum amount but the warning message is still showing and I dont know how to reset it. Any tips? Thank you

After refilling it with Adblue, did you turn the ignition on and wait as described in the manual ?

Pete

After refilling it with Adblue, did you turn the ignition on and wait as described in the manual ?

Pete
Hope you don’t mind jumping in on this thread? I’ve got the same problem - filled up Adblue but it hasn’t recognized it. And yes, I waited 30 seconds.

Hi - any advice welcome.

Filled up Adblue for the first time today - about 5000 miles since buying it. The display warned of 1200 mile range, add 1.25 - 1.5 gallons.

I followed the instructions in the manual, and waited for well over 30 seconds. No change. I’m worried to put any more in - must be right at the max 1.5 by now. Any ideas?

Cheers

Not sure this helps but did my first adblue re fill on my 6.1 display said 1200 miles left and fill 2-2.25 gallons. Maybe mine has a larger tank??? Did you have the ignition on for the 30 seconds??

Not sure this helps but did my first adblue re fill on my 6.1 display said 1200 miles left and fill 2-2.25 gallons. Maybe mine has a larger tank??? Did you have the ignition on for the 30 seconds??
Hi - thanks for the reply. Yes, waited the 30 seconds with the ignition on. Can anyone else confirm if the T6 & T6.1 have the same size Adblue tank? Maybe I should put the full 10l in?? Probably at about 6.9l at the mo = the 1.5g the van was telling me to put in.

Hi all,
Just curious as I haven't had to fill mine up yet. Do you need to leave ignition on when filling? Why do you have to wait 30 seconds? Is this before you add the Adblue or after. Is this process in the manual.
Thanks Dave

It is in the manual. You don’t need the ignition on when you are filling it and after filling it you switch the ignition on for 30 seconds but don’t start the engine- I’ve no idea why you have to do this!!! I’ve had my van from new and it’s done 6600 miles before it needed re filling. Alan

Did you fill a set amount or did you just brim it?

Did you fill a set amount or did you just brim it?
Hi - the readout said 1.25g - 1.5g so I converted that to litres and put 6.8 in. Interestingly someone replied saying there van told them to put circa 2g in when it was showing the same 1200 mile range as mine. His was a 6.1 - mine last of the t6. Are the tanks the same between the t6 & 6.1?

The 30 seconds is so it can recognize the fact it’s been re-filled. Mine didn’t despite me following the manual exactly - which is my problem. Just hope a long drive will sort it out - or risk putting more in - more than the van is telling me to put in. Hate all this modern nonsense in vehicles

The 30 seconds is so it can recognize the fact it’s been re-filled. Mine didn’t despite me following the manual exactly - which is my problem. Just hope a long drive will sort it out - or risk putting more in - more than the van is telling me to put in. Hate all this modern nonsense in vehicles

if you have put plenty in, then just drive it and see what happens.

Pete

I usually wait with ign on before starting 30 seconds after filling with AdBlue. I did forget once and just started the van straight away but it recognised the fill within 30 secs of starting the engine and updated the AdBlue display remaining mileage.

Others have reported it sorting itself out whilst driving.
some have had software updates at the dealership.
what range do you have?

Back